A.Montgomery
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Should I stay in my schools Sixth Form or go somewhere else?
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends. Would you be happier at one or the other? Is one further away? Are you comfortable making new friends? Do they let you do the subjects you want? Do you prefer the other one? Does it have a good reputation?

I moved to a different one and don't regret my decision for a second. However every place is different and everyone has different reasons for moving or staying. We can't make the decision for you but if you have any questions about it I can try to help.
A.Montgomery
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=yeahthatonethere;77237156]Depends. Would you be happier at one or the other? Is one further away? Are you comfortable making new friends? Do they let you do the subjects you want? Do you prefer the other one? Does it have a good reputation?

I moved to a different one and don't regret my decision for a second. However every place is different and everyone has different reasons for moving or staying. We can't make the decision for you but if you have any questions about it I can try to help.

My schools sixth form does the subjects I wanna study and I guess I know all the teachers and how the school works although, I don't know If I wanna stay another 2 years haha, How did u decide?
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A.Montgomery)
My schools sixth form does the subjects I wanna study and I guess I know all the teachers and how the school works although, I don't know If I wanna stay another 2 years haha, How did u decide?
My decision was quite easy actually! 😅 I hated my school and they didn't let me do what I wanted. My new one is an hour away but it's worth the trek because they treat me like an adult (let me leave during frees, trust me with my own revision). Going to the open day sold me and that was it really! If you can I'd highly recommend going to an open day and chatting to students. Do your research and it should really help you decide!
A.Montgomery
Rep:
?
(Original post by yeahthatonethere)
My decision was quite easy actually! 😅 I hated my school and they didn't let me do what I wanted. My new one is an hour away but it's worth the trek because they treat me like an adult (let me leave during frees, trust me with my own revision). Going to the open day sold me and that was it really! If you can I'd highly recommend going to an open day and chatting to students. Do your research and it should really help you decide!
Thank you! I'm gonna go to the open days and see what I think!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (23)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
18.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (4)
12.12%

Watched Threads