Procrastination HELP!

Watch this thread
BitMel
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im an A level student and i have a really big problem with procrastination, mainly with the internet and my phone/ laptop. I find myself needing to take a break every 1 hour 30/ 2 hours and when i do its for like 1-2 hours.
I know exactly what the problem is aside from laziness, i procrastinate when im stressed and when the smallest thought about Uni/exams/ not getting into the uni i want, i get on the verge of freaking out and distract myself... with procrastination. I cant think about exams or revision so i procrastinate instead
Does anyone have this problem and/ or have any advice with dealing with it thanks!

Note- i don't freak out/ get stressed during the actual exams, just the revision before.
I have less than two months before exams and i really need to fix this problem
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I've been there and I can empathise with what you are saying. Well what I did is in these moments I'd clear my mind, stop procrastination, face my fears and rationalise the probabilities of what can happen. Then in *that moment* of freaking out I'd do revision and past papers, so that at the end of the day you have that satisfaction that you've done everything you could to try to achieve your goals. If it doesn't work out, then at least you know you've done everything you could.

You have plenty of time to proceed with revision so I'd do more planning. One of the best things you can do, in my experience, is past paper right in the morning, as if it was the actual exam. Then mark yourself according to the criteria, and improve from there etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
42.29%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.14%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.71%

Watched Threads