Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever thought about how sad it is when a person never achieves their dream? watch

ReputationRep:
    Like when you hear about actors or actresses who spent their whole life chasing their career. in their 20s, 30s and even 40s and then one day they are old and literally looked back on their life and realised that despite all the time and energy and effort and dedication they put into it they never achieved their dream, maybe a few cameo roles here and there or a one-hit role you had at one time but never got to become a proper Hollywood actor whose work and craft people will remember years after you pass. I mean I'm using actors as an example because that is usually their main source of income so no work = no paycheck whilst with us average joes, even if we wasted 20 years stuck in some dead in job at least we still get paid for it.

Its really sad. Only one shot at this thing called life and if you put in years of work and it never pays off its truly pretty sad. I mean what a waste. I been thinking about it too much nowadays, mainly after following the careers of a couple of voice actors who often tried and failed to make it as an actor even after 20 years in the biz, its just depressing to think about. How do you enjoy the rest of your life, knowing that you are leaving no legacy... :no: :cry2:

**** maybe I'm just getting too old.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ya every time I wake up at look at a mirror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Oh ya every time I wake up at look at a mirror.
    but you're probably quite young so you've still got time. what is your dream?

ReputationRep:
    Life really is an antithesis of luck, as the quote goes : “ Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil” !! Sometimes, for some people , they are in the right place at the right time , it isn’t a reflection at how hard someone works or how talented someone is- sometimes the stars just align and sometimes they don’t :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    my goals normally include "have wotsits for breakfast tomorrow" so I end up with a very fulfilled life
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Nah, it’s not that sad. If you think in the grand scheme of things, you realise that it doesn’t matter anyways. Think how insignificant even the most succesful people on this planet are compared to the vast universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Life really is an antithesis of luck, as the quote goes : “ Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil” !!
    but some strike oil and others don't. must suck for those who put in the same effort and it never pays off. always wondering, why wasn't I the one who got some of that luck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Nah, it’s not that sad. If you think in the grand scheme of things, you realise that it doesn’t matter anyways. Think how insignificant even the most succesful people on this planet are compared to the vast universe.
    rick and morty vibes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    my goals normally include "have wotsits for breakfast tomorrow" so I end up with a very fulfilled life
    haha I need to set myself goals like that... but I rarely shop so I'd probably fail those too!

ReputationRep:
    are you referring to that buzzfeed article on space?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    rick and morty vibes...
    :laugh:

Legit never watched rick and morty tbh, but I do enjoy the r&m memes:moon:

ReputationRep:
    This is why it is important to be aware and current in the moment. Enjoy what you're doing now as much as you can, because this might be the best it ever gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delusion6)
    but some strike oil and others don't. must suck for those who put in the same effort and it never pays off. always wondering, why wasn't I the one who got some of that luck?
    I know , it doesn’t seem fair does it but that just seems to be the way it is !!

ReputationRep:
    dw never is just a really really really long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    Reach for the stars :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Legit never watched rick and morty tbh, but I do enjoy the r&m memes:moon:
    well if you think like what you just said then you'll probably enjoy r&m, hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    This is why it is important to be aware and current in the moment. Enjoy what you're doing now as much as you can, because this might be the best it ever gets.
    Nice words... I need to print that up and hang it on my wall. Very true

ReputationRep:
    Nah, life is too short to worry about other people.

ReputationRep:
    haha I need to set myself goals like that... but I rarely shop so I'd probably fail those too!
    Multipacks for the win
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    are you referring to that buzzfeed article on space?
    No, I don’t read Buzzfeed. It’s just my own view

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.