rocandy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m thinking of applying to Lancaster, I love the course and the campus and the area. My only problem is the nightlife.
I’ve come from a small town where the nightlife is awful, so I’d really like a step up. And I definitely prefer clubs to bars.
I don’t need it to be like I’m in Manchester or some other big city, I just want a decent place to go at least 4 times a week.
(The type of music played is also not an issue for me. I’m not really into the music scene, and I’m fine with cheesy unvaried music.)

Is Lancaster going to have enough for me to do in the evenings? And what time do the clubs etc. close?
TheBossMan69
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At least 4 times a week??? my guy this uni thing is not a joke, revise pls.
rocandy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by TheBossMan69)
At least 4 times a week??? my guy this uni thing is not a joke, revise pls.
my bad, meant to say *up to 4 times a week. :/
and that's just in the first year leave me alone.
TheBossMan69
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rocandy)
my bad, meant to say *up to 4 times a week. :/
and that's just in the first year leave me alone.
LOOOOOOOL fair enough. I'm from London and i've firmed Lancaster so i should be going there in October (hopefully). Nightlife should be good but haven't got my hopes up too high as party scenes in London are mad. Should have an even better time if you're living in a townhouse. I'm just hoping to meet nice people and if you have a good group of friends you will have fun no matter what.
helenhighwater99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
I am at Lancaster atm.
I am also from a small town- it is a step up.
Mondays: Dalton Rooms (Get the sugar bus and then go to Daltons) (If you do the Karaoke you get a free drink and a t-shirt)
Tuesday: Hustle (or Daltons) (Get a taxi and ask for a hustle card- you get a free drink)
Wednesday: Sugar (Get the sugar bus)
Thursday: Toastie Thursdays Hustle (or Daltons) (Get a taxi and ask for a hustle card- you get a free drink)
Friday: Sugar unless it is Leudems at Daltons. (Get the Sugar bus)

Honestly, Lancaster work you hard, you get long breaks at Easter/ Christmas/ Summer. So Uni is intensive. Enjoy term 1, 2 gets challenging, a 3 is just revising and exams

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (203)
19.13%
Labour (449)
42.32%
Liberal Democrats (208)
19.6%
Green Party (54)
5.09%
Brexit Party (28)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (16)
1.51%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.94%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)