The Student Room Group

HOW DO YOU CHOOSE??? Stuck between Dundee vs. Edinburgh

Everything about Edinburgh University is perfect for me...but I'm nervous I won't like the course (English literature) because every time I hear about it (post offer visit day and when I talked to a student) I get so panicked and it sounds so dry. Dundee sounds so much more exciting and dynamic in terms of modules and assessment methods and general 'vibe' (still English Literature but with Creative Writing) and I love the idea of improving my writing...but the rest of it is kind of eh, Edinburgh's societies, students, city, lifestyle, etc, just appeals to me more and I can picture myself there so much more easily...it's just the course; I'm scared I'll go and hate it.

Any advice on choosing? How did you choose? I've come to the conclusion that since I'm worried about regretting my choice whichever one I choose: neither is the right or wrong decision...it's just a decision. which takes the pressure off a little but obviously I still need to make a choice.
If you haven't already, take a look at this site which gives a very detailed view of what the English Literature course entails, might help you to decide whether or not the course is for you:
http://www.drps.ed.ac.uk/17-18/dpt/utenlit.htm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending