Turn on thread page Beta

Should men give birth to babies? watch

ReputationRep:
    Scientists still debate this and it would require a lot of work, however, I feel within the next ten years this could be made possible through Ovarian transplants, hormone treatments etc. The question isn't focused on whether they can, rather, whether they should.

Traditionally, it has been seen as a 'woman's place', primarily because up until now, only women can get pregnant, give birth etc. Yet studies have shown that more and more women are opting out of being a mum. This angers some men and women who would really like a child or believe that their partner should want a child etc.

I personally would be relieved! I have never wanted to go through the horrors of childbirth. Plus I don't really want kids .

If it was made possible for a man to get pregnant, would you be willing to? Would you be willing to allow your male partner to have the kids instead of you?

ReputationRep:
    i dont see how a baby jimmy is gonna come outta me cawk nor do I think mutant men should be carrying babies wtf

ReputationRep:
    Other blokes can do it if they want; I don't think I'll bother, ta.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    i dont see how a baby jimmy is gonna come outta me cawk nor do I think mutant men should be carrying babies wtf
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You could just get a C-section though and think about it, we do have an issue with an ageing population in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Other blokes can do it if they want; I don't think I'll bother, ta.
    not even if you desperately wanted your own biological kids but your partner didn't?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why not keep it the natural way.

Plus how much would it cost the NHS if men started to have sex organ changes just to give birth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesschantellexxx)
    not even if you desperately wanted your own biological kids but your partner didn't?
    I doubt it, but it is hard for me to relate to this since I am entirely uninterested in having kids.

ReputationRep:
    This means enough tsr for today

Goodnight
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Whether they can is part of whether they should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Why not keep it the natural way.

Plus how much would it cost the NHS if men started to have sex organ changes just to give birth?
    Some male homosexual couples may want to experience what its like to give birth, also transgender people etc or it could be a situation in which the woman is infertile or just doesn't want to get pregnant, this way a couple can experience pregnancy.

It could be only offered by the private sector so it won't cost the NHS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Whether they can is part of whether they should.
    Yes but the question is more focused on whether they should, not the science on whether they actually can

ReputationRep:
    This is so weird and my answer is never.

ReputationRep:
    No, also your argument for why men should sucks

ReputationRep:
    You could just get a C-section though and think about it, we do have an issue with an ageing population in the UK
    stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEASEL espinoza)
    This means enough tsr for today

Goodnight
    how can you sleep after reading this?

ReputationRep:
    Scientists still debate this and it would require a lot of work, however, I feel within the next ten years this could be made possible through Ovarian transplants, hormone treatments etc. The question isn't focused on whether they can, rather, whether they should.

Traditionally, it has been seen as a 'woman's place', primarily because up until now, only women can get pregnant, give birth etc. Yet studies have shown that more and more women are opting out of being a mum. This angers some men and women who would really like a child or believe that their partner should want a child etc.

I personally would be relieved! I have never wanted to go through the horrors of childbirth. Plus I don't really want kids .

If it was made possible for a man to get pregnant, would you be willing to? Would you be willing to allow your male partner to have the kids instead of you?
    "ovarian transplants" "hormone treatment"
    this is a trans womans dream. I doubt regular men would agree to such ridiculous things tho.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gkaizerking)
    "ovarian transplants" "hormone treatment"
    this is a trans womans dream. I doubt regular men would agree to such ridiculous things tho.
    Trans women would obviously benefit but don't you think society has changed so much in the past ten, twenty years that it probably wouldn't be impossible to find a regular man to agree to do this instead of an alternative eg adoption

ReputationRep:
    how can you sleep after reading this?
    Probably by looking out for some daddy daycare groups to make friends with other daddies

ReputationRep:
    Probably by looking out for some daddy daycare groups to make friends with other daddies
    you is scary. you is abnormal.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.