The Student Room Group

Should men give birth to babies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesschantellexxx
Women may be better at pregnancy and giving birth but some women can't and its still risky for some women. At the end of the day, ur body ur choice but if technology made it possible and safe I see no reason not to

I'd rather adopt. Then surrogacy. Probably in that order but that would be something to discuss thoroughly. But definitely after those two options would be to get surgerised to be pregnant.

I can't really think of a medical condition a woman could have that would prevent her from carrying a baby safely, even by the male pregnancy method (which I'd imagine would work similarly to Schwarzenegger in Junior), yet still be physically capable of running around chasing naughty kids. It would probably be a bad idea to have kids if the mother was physically incapable of carrying the weight of a child, unless the father was going to effectively be a single parent and the mother was okay with the love of her life prioritising other people over her.
Original post by EmilyH1256
Yes it was 4 day to dilate to 10 cm then only 20 mins for me to push her out... and she was at station 0 when I started pushing.. they told me i would have been pushing for hours ... but I wasn’t playing it was time for her to get out,.

Damn! Would u go through it all again?
Original post by ThomH97
I'd rather adopt. Then surrogacy. Probably in that order but that would be something to discuss thoroughly. But definitely after those two options would be to get surgerised to be pregnant.

I can't really think of a medical condition a woman could have that would prevent her from carrying a baby safely, even by the male pregnancy method (which I'd imagine would work similarly to Schwarzenegger in Junior), yet still be physically capable of running around chasing naughty kids. It would probably be a bad idea to have kids if the mother was physically incapable of carrying the weight of a child, unless the father was going to effectively be a single parent and the mother was okay with the love of her life prioritising other people over her.

So u having the child is an option!

Some women get pregnant n then find out the baby is in the wrong position in the womb so it has to be aborted. I'm no doctor but I know pregnancy isn't for every woman. Theres plenty of single dads or dads that take over the traditional womans role of being a house husband as opposed to being a housewife.
Reply 43
Girl preach... cus that crap deff was beyond painful I was in labor for 4 days.. A man would not have been able to do that..

men go to war

get tortured when they captured etc...

men are also involved in a lot more dangerous sports than women that can leave you with serious pain/injuries [mma/kick boxing ..etc]

men are also less likely to cry when hit than women are

So how can you say "A man would not be able to do that"...
what are you using to base this statement on?

The only thing correct about your statement is that no biological man has given birth
Enough TSR for the day/night/year
Original post by ANM775
men go to war

get tortured when they captured etc...

men are also involved in a lot more dangerous sports than women that can leave you with serious pain/injuries [mma/kick boxing ..etc]

men are also less likely to cry when hit than women are

So how can you say "A man would not be able to do that"...
what are you using to base this statement on?

The only thing correct about your statement is that no biological man has given birth

Women do alot of those tings u jus named just like men.. I personally think a man would not be able to handle child birth..
Original post by jesschantellexxx
Damn! Would u go through it all again?

Helllllllll no... I would go thru the whole 9 months again if they can find a way to magically get the baby out yea stomach.. lol no seriously i would if I had to go back n do it but just to have another baby to possibly go thru that again then no..
Reply 47
Women do alot of those tings u jus named just like men.. I personally think a man would not be able to handle child birth..

very few women go to war as in front line, maybe the kurdish women ..but that's pretty much it

relatively few women [compared with men] are involved with combat sports too

I don't see where this you not thinking men could handle child birth has come from, just seems to me like you know that men are physically incapable of giving birth due to lacking the right equipment, and that women do give birth due to having the right equipment, ...and that no man can go through pregnancy due to lacking the right equipment ...so you make that statement because no man can say to you "yeah I went through pregnancy and was able to deal with it"
Original post by ANM775
very few women go to war as in front line, maybe the kurdish women ..but that's pretty much it

relatively few women [compared with men] are involved with combat sports too

I don't see where this you not thinking men could handle child birth has come from, just seems to me like you know that men are physically incapable of giving birth due to lacking the right equipment, and that women do give birth due to having the right equipment, ...and that no man can go through pregnancy due to lacking the right equipment ...so you make that statement because no man can say to you "yeah I went through pregnancy and was able to deal with it"

Who cars ifnu got the right stuff to docit I’m saying u can’t cus y’all cant handle its mentality or physically... like a woman..
Reply 49
Helllllllll no... I would go thru the whole 9 months again if they can find a way to magically get the baby out yea stomach.. lol no seriously i would if I had to go back n do it but just to have another baby to possibly go thru that again then no..

sounds to me like you thought pregnancy would be much less painful than it actually was. You gave birth, not because you are strong ...but because what was the alternative?

not push it out and have a baby stuck in you until complications kill you both

now that you know what it is like, you would never do it again [by your own mouth]

to me it sounds like YOU can't deal with it :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
sounds to me like you thought pregnancy would be much less painful than it actually was. You gave birth, not because you are strong ...but because what was the alternative?

not push it out and have a baby stuck in you until complications kill you both

now that you know what it is like, you would never do it again [by your own mouth]

to me it sounds like YOU can't deal it :wink:

Okay let me say this I would do it again only if I wasn’t in labor for so long.. the four day thing u right it was tiring and I would not wanna be in labor that long again and I don’t wish it on any other woman .. but I would do it all over again...and ik it was gunna be painful but not that damn painful...
(edited 5 years ago)
*universal facepalm*...can this planet be normal for just 1 second?
(edited 5 years ago)
Who cars ifnu got the right stuff to docit I’m saying u can’t cus y’all cant handle its mentality or physically... like a woman..

Lemme guess, Feminist?
Original post by FrankGary
Lemme guess, Feminist?

No not at all...
No not at all...

I am genuinely in shock
I am genuinely in shock

I bet... it’s just what I believe about this whole child birth thing... . I mean granted yea I believe a women can do the same things as a man if she puts her mind to it and do it just as good as a man... but that’s about it... if that makes me a feminist then I guess am..
I bet... it’s just what I believe about this whole child birth thing... . I mean granted yea I believe a women can do the same things as a man if she puts her mind to it and do it just as good as a man... but that’s about it... if that makes me a feminist then I guess am..

General requirements are that you firmly believe one of 2 things: Men are the root of all evil; I'm not successful because of the patriarchy
but you seem reasonable.
General requirements are that you firmly believe one of 2 things: Men are the root of all evil; I'm not successful because of the patriarchy
but you seem reasonable.

No I don’t believe men are the root of all evil... I love me some men.. lol 😆.. y’all get annoying n I wanna chock you guys sometimes but that’s about it.. n I don’t believe the other one either..
Original post by Bang Outta Order
how can you sleep after reading this?

I couldn't man
I had nightmares about what I read
Traumatizing stuff
The actual did I just read. Just let biology do it’s thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending