studying abroad in the uk (best nightlife)

Watch
monkey0110
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,

I might study abroad in the UK. Currently, I'm still deciding which uni. I only care about Social Life (I'm really into clubbing and getting drunk).

My choices include:

- Aston University
- Durham University
- Lancaster University
- Nottingham Trent University
- The University of Hull
- The University of Strathclyde
- University of Bath
- University of Exeter

Which one should I choose?
Bermuda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe you should get your priorities straight and care about the actual education you’ll receive. It’s all well and good enjoying the social aspect of uni and going out but at the end of the day you’re paying for a degree. If you only want to go out don’t waste your money paying uni fees just take a gap year and enjoy yourself and come back ready to receive an education and work for your degree. Everyone wants to have a good time at uni and it’s fair enough asking which unis have good nightlife but it shouldn’t be the ‘only’ thing you care about.
monkey0110
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's only for one semester. I will receive my full bachelor's degree at my home university in continental Europe. Therefore my main criteria is social life
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bermuda)
Maybe you should get your priorities straight and care about the actual education you’ll receive. It’s all well and good enjoying the social aspect of uni and going out but at the end of the day you’re paying for a degree. If you only want to go out don’t waste your money paying uni fees just take a gap year and enjoy yourself and come back ready to receive an education and work for your degree. Everyone wants to have a good time at uni and it’s fair enough asking which unis have good nightlife but it shouldn’t be the ‘only’ thing you care about.
(Original post by monkey0110)
It's only for one semester. I will receive my full bachelor's degree at my home university in continental Europe. Therefore my main criteria is social life
He has his priorities straight. I love it.

OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife. Avoid rough places. Best of luck bro.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mill Hill)
OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife.
U sure?

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...student-survey
frankabagnale
Badges: 7
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by monkey0110)
Hey guys,

I might study abroad in the UK. Currently, I'm still deciding which uni. I only care about Social Life (I'm really into clubbing and getting drunk).

My choices include:

- Aston University
- Durham University
- Lancaster University
- Nottingham Trent University
- The University of Hull
- The University of Strathclyde
- University of Bath
- University of Exeter

Which one should I choose?
Some of those unis have very different entry requirements, so you really need to think about what you want to take from uni.

But if we were to just look at the social side:

Nottingham is a great city for social life.

The rest are farly poor. Durham is in the middle of nowhere, everyone in bath goes to bristol for nights out and Exeter is pretty weak too. Not sure about the others but if you really want a good nightlife:
- Bristol
- Manchester
- Birmingham
- Nottingham
- Leeds
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by frankabagnale)
Some of those unis have very different entry requirements, so you really need to think about what you want to take from uni.

But if we were to just look at the social side:

Nottingham is a great city for social life.

The rest are farly poor. Durham is in the middle of nowhere, everyone in bath goes to bristol for nights out and Exeter is pretty weak too. Not sure about the others but if you really want a good nightlife:
- Bristol
- Manchester
- Birmingham
- Nottingham
- Leeds
Missing Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, etc (basically any large city...)
tomnelson_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He has his priorities straight. I love it.

OP you should go with Durham, Bath or Exeter, best nightlife. Avoid rough places. Best of luck bro.
Bath? Are you ****ing high.....
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not sure.

While I am sure about the benefits of fraternities (which by the way I am happy to debate with you further, I am ready to go), I was not sure about this. Other places just seemed a little rough. I should have added Nottingham.

(Original post by Doonesbury)
Missing Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, etc (basically any large city...)
Yes, out of these, Newcastle would be on my list. Would you say that Glasgow and Liverpool are good places to go?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
While I am sure about the benefits of fraternities (which by the way I am happy to debate with you further, I am ready to go)
Then create a thread about it in University life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads