The Student Room Group

I can’t keep friends

Right so I think i must be cursed lol. I’ve had a history of my best friends leaving me. In primary school 2 of my best friends left to move to different countries. I made another bestfriend towards the end of primary but we made friends with other groups and drifted. In secondary school I was bestfriends with this girl who moved to Australia!!! THEN my family friend who I had been friends with for 10 years turned crazy and violent so I was forced to not be friends with her by my Mum (for my own safety lol) Right now I have lots of friends but no bestfriend, any advice on how to make more friends, who I can then make my bestfriend😈
Original post by Anonymous
Right so I think i must be cursed lol. I’ve had a history of my best friends leaving me. In primary school 2 of my best friends left to move to different countries. I made another bestfriend towards the end of primary but we made friends with other groups and drifted. In secondary school I was bestfriends with this girl who moved to Australia!!! THEN my family friend who I had been friends with for 10 years turned crazy and violent so I was forced to not be friends with her by my Mum (for my own safety lol) Right now I have lots of friends but no bestfriend, any advice on how to make more friends, who I can then make my bestfriend😈

Just keep looking plus focus on developing yourself in the meantime.

Sounds more like circumstances than anything you have done.

No friends is better than bad friends or frenemies.
Original post by Anonymous

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, you've just had rotten luck. I wouldn't worry.

I fell out with all of my previous freinds (It didn't help that some of them deliberately sabotaged my social life). I find it's a balance between licking their *rses and keeping them happy (without being weird) while also staying true to yourself and your values. I believe I've now perfected that balance and I hope to use it fully when I go to Uni.

My last batch of friends ditched me simply because I rejected the romantic advances of some girl (who got really stroppy and vengeful about it), called her best friend a sl*g (It was a joke) and the rest though I was too arrogant/unstable/violent. Lol :biggrin: It's a hard life....

You're doing better than I am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending