Turn on thread page Beta

YouTube has made it easier to persecute white supremacists and so forth. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How we can solve the toxicity of YouTube's comment section

The new YouTube update allows you to search EVERY SINGLE comment a user has made, and report them.

I recently reported a user called Anti EU talking about the "exodus" of whites from London, and with the new report function I was able to search all of Anti EU's comments.
    I could categorize them per channel(need to copy and paste the link), per video category and I could put specific links for YouTube videos.

What I found to be amazing, was the response from YouTube.

Usually, I'd expect the account to be closed down as it is done here on TSR and then nothing else is done afterwards but YouTube has actually banned 'Anti Eu's' IPs such that if another account is made with the same IPs, the comments aren't publicly posted online until a moderator accepts - this is how you don't see their comments and they notice that no one interacts with their comments especially if they're just baiting.
    In my case, this user was both a racist and an xenophobe. YouTube gives you the option of persecuting or not persecuting the user. This is what I like most of all, it allows you to identify whether or not these were "joke comments" and be happy with them deleted and the account gone or you can choose to and I did report his comments and use of YouTube's commenting platforms to the applicable authorities as
    1) I don't know what position he has in society, for all I know - he could've been a teacher, a doctor, lawyer or judge (even though may possibly be overweight/jobless)
    2) Racists can't feel comfortable on YouTube. At all. I've noticed that through searching this user's comments, oftentimes he/she'd make implicit statements regarding race such as "Without us, they'd have nothing." but a few times, this user slipped and made outrageous statements (not my words) - "hang yourself *N word*." [context: comment now deleted, but video was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJwa06FFI0

Now what I'm trying to say is, don't read a comment and let it go if it distresses you.
    Report them, as someone reported Nikolaus Cruz' comments and decided to persecute him further to the FBI.

It may not be practical to report every comment you see, but if there's a comment that digs at you and you're just sat there thinking, "What on earth..." then report it. You can search their comment history too or report just the one comment.

There is a category to report

• Racism

• Xenophobia

• Antisemitism

• Binarism

• Audism

• Misogny

• Misandry

• Homophobia

• Religious/Racial/Class Supremacism

• Islamophobia

News articles on YouTube report-buttons success: https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/...nder-ideology/
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/06/e...ive/index.html
    https://www.theshadowleague.com/stor...hazing-rituals
    http://www.revelist.com/beauty-news-...comments/11260

ReputationRep:
    You may have heard of "Held for review" comments?

-This just means, the users content/comments may have been reported or YouTube has recognized spam
    - Every comment they make will be held for review by either YouTube (if they're fast enough) or the channel that they wanted to comment on
    - You can report held for review comments

Eg:

Looks like you have just fought one courageous battle for social justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicseastldn)

The new YouTube update allows you to search EVERY SINGLE comment a user has made, and report them.

I recently reported a user called Anti EU talking about the "exodus" of whites from London, and with the new report function I was able to search all of Anti EU's comments.
    I could categorize them per channel(need to copy and paste the link), per video category and I could put specific links for YouTube videos.

Usually, I'd expect the account to be closed down as it is done here on TSR and then nothing else is done afterwards but YouTube has actually banned 'Anti Eu's' IPs such that if another account is made with the same IPs, the comments aren't publicly posted online until a moderator accepts - this is how you don't see their comments and they notice that no one interacts with their comments especially if they're just baiting.
    In my case, this user was both a racist and an xenophobe. YouTube gives you the option of persecuting or not persecuting the user. This is what I like most of all, it allows you to identify whether or not these were "joke comments" and be happy with them deleted and the account gone or you can choose to and I did report his comments and use of YouTube's commenting platforms to the applicable authorities as
    1) I don't know what position he has in society, for all I know - he could've been a teacher, a doctor, lawyer or judge (even though may possibly be overweight/jobless)
    2) Racists can't feel comfortable on YouTube. At all. I've noticed that through searching this user's comments, oftentimes he/she'd make implicit statements regarding race such as "Without us, they'd have nothing." but a few times, this user slipped and made outrageous statements (not my words) - "hang yourself *N word*." [context: comment now deleted, but video was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJwa06FFI0

Now what I'm trying to say is, don't read a comment and let it go if it distresses you.
    Report them, as someone reported Nikolaus Cruz' comments and decided to persecute him further to the FBI.

It may not be practical to report every comment you see, but if there's a comment that digs at you and you're just sat there thinking, "What on earth..." then report it. You can search their comment history too or report just the one comment.

• Racism

• Xenophobia

• Antisemitism

• Binarism

• Audism

• Misogny

• Misandry

• Homophobia

• Islamophobia

News articles on YouTube report-buttons success: https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/...nder-ideology/
    Binarism? What's that? :lol:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=binarism

ReputationRep:
    Isn't youtube's entire comments section a troll cesspool playground anyway? I'd just let them have it. Youtube can do their own mod work.

ReputationRep:
    Mhm. "White supremacists" like Sargon of Akkad perhaps?

He's been accused of it.

I've seen this before on platforms. It doesn't stop the movements. They just go elsewhere, and new social media businesses grow as a result to compete with the big ones. YouTube is also aware of this. They've been more 'careful' than other social media websites have been. They probably have a similar radical-left bias as most of the other giants, but they show more restraint with it.

I'd prefer if they didn't. I prefer to know what I'm dealing with up-front.

Anyway, if you think YouTube's comment section is bad go to Yahoo. You'll have a stroke.

ReputationRep:
    snitches get stitches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StriderHort)
    Isn't youtube's entire comments section a troll cesspool playground anyway? I'd just let them have it. Youtube can do their own mod work.
    Not entirely.
    If someone posts gruesome comments online such as (not me but) "I'm going to stab my teacher on 23/11" then if I see it, just as a precaution, I'll report it because you never know.

Nikalos Cruz or whatever was reported for posting exactly what he did 5 months later.

ReputationRep:
    Binarism is probably something like not accepting more than 2 genders.

ReputationRep:
    What I've noticed is that, companies are so eager to cut ties with individuals who make racist Facebook posts, YouTube videos, tweets and Instagram posts but what about their comments on YouTube!!

Most people use online pseudonyms even here, which maybe prevents people from reporting but still.

Racist comments are just as harmful as racist tweets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gkaizerking)
    Binarism is probably something like not accepting more than 2 genders.
    Binarism is the common but wrong idea that there are only two genders, expressed in a way that is a feature of colonialism and Western imperialism, in which other cultures and people of colour are forced to conform within the white, Western gender binary system. Binarism is a form of sexism that erases ethnic nonbinary gender roles and identities. It's essentially a fallacy.

ReputationRep:

• Racism

• Xenophobia

• Antisemitism

• Binarism

• Audism

• Misogny

• Misandry

• Homophobia

• Islamophobia

Why are "islamophobia" and "antisemitism" in there? People aren't allowed to dislike religions now? Where the christianophobia or the buddhiphobia?

ReputationRep:
    Why are "islamophobia" and "antisemitism" in there? People aren't allowed to dislike religions now? Where the christianophobia or the buddhiphobia?
    Stop playing the Red-Herring card. I think you need to get real.
    This isn't IchThus or Chi-Rho times anymore for Christianity, it is very much accepted as the "dominant" religion.
    Whereas, Islam (likely to surpass Christianity in terms of conversion and birth rate in a few years) is highly ostracised from society and wrongly presented as non-peaceful in the media. Jews have also suffered ostracism and humiliation at the hands of 1800s Christians (not forgetting the 1945 death toll)
    Either way, I never said those were the only things you could report on YouTube - I just said that these were categorised.

ReputationRep:
    Stop playing the Red-Herring card. I think you need to get real.
    This isn't IchThus or Chi-Rho times anymore for Christianity, it is very much accepted as the "dominant" religion.
    Whereas, Islam (likely to surpass Christianity in terms of conversion and birth rate in a few years) is highly ostracised from society and wrongly presented as non-peaceful in the media. Jews have also suffered ostracism and humiliation at the hands of 1800s Christians (not forgetting the 1945 death toll)
    Either way, I never said those were the only things you could report on YouTube - I just said that these were categorised.
    What is dominant?
    In the west so many people are simply secular that that statement doesn't hold. 2.2 bil christians and 1.8 bil muslims... there isn't a big difference. It is just that Islam is not popular in the west like it is elsewhere.

Besides the "media" ain't exactly lying because look at the last decade and see which religion is responsible for most terror attacks *cough*the west*cough*. Religion of peace or not the ones that stand out have killed thousands and destabilized middle eastern nations *cough* USA *cough*

You say that Christians mistreated Jews 2 centuries ago? How about "the religion of peace"? They still do so to this day and the Jews(Israel) do the same to Palestinians.

My main point is I don't at all agree on any censorship unless if it is straight up advocating for violence.

ReputationRep:
    Binarism is the common but wrong idea that there are only two genders, expressed in a way that is a feature of colonialism and Western imperialism, in which other cultures and people of colour are forced to conform within the white, Western gender binary system. Binarism is a form of sexism that erases ethnic nonbinary gender roles and identities. It's essentially a fallacy.
    What other genders do you think are there? And how are they supposed to work or exist in a person?

ReputationRep:
    What other genders do you think are there? And how are they supposed to work or exist in a person?
    In a non-binary system gender is essentially whatever you feel or your personality traits. In todays world(only in the west really, you won't hear this nonsense in Africa or South America) gender means nothing since it is infinite.

ReputationRep:
    In a non-binary system gender is essentially whatever you feel or your personality traits. In todays world(only in the west really, you won't hear this nonsense in Africa or South America) gender means nothing since it is infinite.
    Yeah, a lot of what people define gender as boils down to this, but I'm just asking in case the user thinks differently of it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't assume genders of other individuals nor do I try to quantify and state how many genders there are that apply to the 7 billion+ people on Earth.
    I'm still in the process of working out my gender identity and I certainly don't believe that boy/girl are the only genders. I wouldn't want to be gender-normative or adhere to/reinforce the idea that men and women are the only genders.

What gender do you identify with? I'd say I'm a boy.

Gender-normative - Falsely believing that men and women are the only two applicable gender identities to the human race.

ReputationRep:
    I don't assume genders of other individuals nor do I try to quantify and state how many genders there are that apply to the 7 billion+ people on Earth.
    I'm still in the process of working out my gender identity and I certainly don't believe that boy/girl are the only genders. I wouldn't want to be gender-normative or adhere to/reinforce the idea that men and women are the only genders.

What gender do you identify with? I'd say I'm a boy.

Gender-normative - Falsely believing that men and women are the only two applicable gender identities to the human race.
    Which is why gender ought to be abolished in any sort of legal documentation and be replaced completely by sex.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.