The Student Room Group

pls answer its a short Q

Ok short and simple.
I did a Warwick uni Sutton scholar in year8-9.
I think since Warwick has a strong rep and ranking in the UK that it will benefit me in my sixth form application and if it makes me stronger then others.
Btw I'm year 10 and don't tell me to focus(I'm revising every day) and it's a long way away, pls :smile:.
Lol a sixth form application is nothing to overstress.

Include the Warwick thing.
Original post by I'mComingOxford
Ok short and simple.
I think since Warwick has a strong rep and ranking in the UK that it will benefit me in my sixth form application and if it makes me stronger then others.
Btw I'm year 10 and don't tell me to focus(I'm revising every day) and it's a long way away, pls :smile:.

As said above, don't stress your sixth form application, but do include it.

Based on your name as well, it might be something useful for your personal statement later down the line, depending on what you actually did at the uni.
Original post by JargonRaygun
Lol a sixth form application is nothing to overstress.

Include the Warwick thing.

so would it benefit in any way?
imma get my predicted grades in year11 and hope I can pull off at least 2-3 A*'s and 4-5 A's
i think I meant CV
Original post by westcw13
As said above, don't stress your sixth form application, but do include it.

Based on your name as well, it might be something useful for your personal statement later down the line, depending on what you actually did at the uni.

ye we did a bunch of activities like debating(had some lecturer tell us about business) and did some english stuff
ye we did a bunch of activities like debating(had some lecturer tell us about business) and did some english stuff

If it's relevant to the subject you've decided on/ will have decided by that time, then I'd definitely put it in
Original post by westcw13
If it's relevant to the subject you've decided on/ will have decided by that time, then I'd definitely put it in

i'm looking at history, english(lit), and politics then Law degee
I would love to go to that uni as well as Oxford, ICL and UCL.
Ok short and simple.

how will it impress a sixth form tho? i literally got made a prefect and i thought that’d impress the college im going to but tbh they didn’t really care, i think it’s useless info if im honest
(edited 5 years ago)
i'm looking at history, english(lit), and politics then Law degee
I would love to go to that uni as well as Oxford, ICL and UCL.

It's good that you've got a goal, this was really helpful in motivating me to revise for GCSEs. It sounds like it would fit in well then.

I'd keep an open mind atm, as chances are you will change your mind about which unis you want to apply to once you've visited them and other places as well. When I was in your position I wanted to go to Birmingham, but when I applied it ended up being my 4th choice lol

Quick Reply

Latest