The Student Room Group

12 year old runs away to bali after argument with parents

Ever thought about running away from home? This kid did it in style by stealing his parent's credit card and flying out to Bali after his parents said they wouldn't take him. Now that's initiative :rofl:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/23/boy-12-steals-credit-card-and-goes-on-bali-holiday-after-fight-with-mother

Scroll to see replies

What kind of airline lets a 12 yr old fly alone?
"....The boy, given the pseudonym Drew by A Current Affair"

that is a weird-ass pseudonym, surely just Drew would have sufficed :redface:
Kid should get a good hiding from his parents. That'll teach him no means no
Reply 4
Original post by Andrew97

Quite a few, including BA over here.

Original post by the bear
"....The boy, given the pseudonym Drew by A Current Affair"

that is a weird-ass pseudonym, surely just Drew would have sufficed :redface:

I literally had to read that sentance five times to figure out what it was trying to say :lol: need more tea...
Kid is a g
He's cutting his parents with that edge too.
Legend
Not saying what he did was right but you have to admit that kid is quite smart.
Coolest kid ever
I know someone who was 16 years old when he ran away from boarding school to the Caribbean. He's now studying music at Oxford :smile:
I ran away from home when I was 13. Ended up in Middlesbrough.

Anyway, clearly this is a kid who will go far on life (in this case, quite literalky).
No means steal your parents credit card.
Original post by AmeliaLost
Ever thought about running away from home? This kid did it in style by stealing his parent's credit card and flying out to Bali after his parents said they wouldn't take him. Now that's initiative :rofl:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/23/boy-12-steals-credit-card-and-goes-on-bali-holiday-after-fight-with-mother

Quite a few allow it a kid to travel alone but usally the parents/guardians would arrange for the staff to know and to have a special eye etc.

Surprised the kid managed it all, I've always wanted to go to Bali haha. Begs the question though, if they are willing to do that, how far would they go in committing acts like this? I mean most 12-year-olds wouldn't know how to do this, but even those that do, how many have the guts and, I don't want to say confidence but ability to go against their parents in such a way that is criminal.

Although most kids don't have a good understanding of the value of mone
Reply 14
always fantasized about doing this when i was a kid... but my parents never had any money haha
Title misleading, but doesn't seem to have had an impact as there are barely any replies on this thread.
The mother said, "Why was it so easy for him to leave the country." She wouldn't complain about a mere $500 ticket.

Title should be: "12 year old uses parents' credit card and runs away to Bali".
Original post by Chichaldo
Quite a few allow it a kid to travel alone but usally the parents/guardians would arrange for the staff to know and to have a special eye etc.

Surprised the kid managed it all, I've always wanted to go to Bali haha. Begs the question though, if they are willing to do that, how far would they go in committing acts like this? I mean most 12-year-olds wouldn't know how to do this, but even those that do, how many have the guts and, I don't want to say confidence but ability to go against their parents in such a way that is criminal.

Although most kids don't have a good understanding of the value of mone

I think it's surprising that a boy of 12 can board flights without something like a letter from parents or advance notice from parents/guardians. This suggests that at least one major airline is pretty lax about the potential (for example) for internet-based child luring and entrapment by overseas paedophiles.

I was literally thinking the same!
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I think it's surprising that a boy of 12 can board flights without something like a letter from parents or advance notice from parents/guardians. This suggests that at least one major airline is pretty lax about the potential (for example) for internet-based child luring and entrapment by overseas paedophiles.

Yeah exactly, if a 12-year-old can fake it or equivalent then it can't be that difficult.
Reply 19
Original post by Sulfolobus
I ran away from home when I was 13. Ended up in Middlesbrough.

You poor soul.

Quick Reply

Latest