The Student Room Group

How excited are you for the Royal Baby BOY ?

me i'm like:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbdKt1gWAAAetnh.jpg

:h:

do you have any suggestions for the name ?

BOYS

i) George 2.0 as it is St George's Day & they already have a George ?

ii) Jorge...

iii) Georg

iv) William 2.0 as it is Shakespeare's Birthday & they already have a William in the family

v) Draco.... because of the Dragon ?

GIRLS

i) Georgina

ii) Georgette

iii) Wilhelmina

iv) La'Tanya

v) Jayda

:top2:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Clarence
I'm excited. I love babies. Apparently Mary or Alice are popular for a girl, I dislike both names.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm excited. I love babies. Apparently Mary or Alice are popular for a girl, I dislike both names.

hmmmm they are rather vanilla names.... there are so many vibrant ones to celebrate today's Britain.
Original post by the bear
:top2:

Anyone who's actually excited for this should re-evaluate their priorities (which unfortunately is rather a lot of people). We'll be getting 'Woman has baby' articles for months now. No doubt whatever they clothe their child in will sell out (Why did people want to make their daughters wear the same cardigan as Charlotte, it's a ridiculous thing to do?) and people will be swooning over a baby they've never met and are never going to meet in their lives. It's another person we'll be supporting (at least she won't be getting child benefit for it as this is her third child). The whole notion is barmy and it's time as a country we stopped publicising things like this so heavily. You'd think there was nothing else going in in the world by seeing how much media attention this pointless family gets.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple
Anyone who's actually excited for this should re-evaluate their priorities. We'll be getting 'Woman has baby' articles for months now. No doubt whatever they clothe their child in well sell out (Why did people want to make their daughters wear the same cardigan as Charlotte, it's a ridiculous thing to do?) and people will be swooning over a baby they've never met and are never going to meet in their lives. It's another person we'll be supporting (at least she won't be getting child benefit for it as this is her third child). The whole notion is barmy and it's time as a country we stopped publicising things like this so heavily. You'd think there was nothing else going in in the world by seeing how much media attention this pointless family gets.

Being excited doesn't mean it's a priority. Hardly a pointless family. Not like it's Linda from Bolton having her 5th kid is it?
Reply 6
Anyone who's actually excited for this should re-evaluate their priorities (which unfortunately is rather a lot of people). We'll be getting 'Woman has baby' articles for months now. No doubt whatever they clothe their child in well sell out (Why did people want to make their daughters wear the same cardigan as Charlotte, it's a ridiculous thing to do?) and people will be swooning over a baby they've never met and are never going to meet in their lives. It's another person we'll be supporting (at least she won't be getting child benefit for it as this is her third child). The whole notion is barmy and it's time as a country we stopped publicising things like this so heavily. You'd think there was nothing else going in in the world by seeing how much media attention this pointless family gets.

https://i.imgur.com/MU3XOgH.gif
Reply 7
جرجس‎
Jordi
Ascalon
Reply 8
Being excited doesn't mean it's a priority. Hardly a pointless family. Not like it's Linda from Bolton having her 5th kid is it?

word
If it's a boy, 'Eagle', if it's a girl, 'Cherry'.
Reply 10
Do I care? No. It's another baby. We'll get the announcement later. We'll get a name shortly after. Summer photo. Christmas photo. Then a few more before they start in a private school and boast about their grades on TSR.

It pretty much is that, it's Kate from Reading having her third kid. Considering her parents are multimillionaires we shouldn't be funding her family's lifestyle. Being excited and it being a priority is the case for thousands of people across the country, you just have to look at the people who went to their wedding who camped out for ages, bought loads of merchandise and were so "happy and made up" for them among many other things. The amount of media coverage this family gets, especially as top stories of the day across many major news outlets, would make people think there's nothing more important going on in the world.
(edited 6 years ago)
Slightly <Meh
Reply 13
Original post by Axiomasher
If it's a boy, 'Eagle', if it's a girl, 'Cherry'.

kewl
Not at all.
Absolutely indifferent.
Couldnt give a..
Why would people care?
Notwithstanding I wish it no harm, but it will have some of the best medical care money can buy.
Reply 15
Original post by 8472
Do I care? No. It's another baby. We'll get the announcement later. We'll get a name shortly after. Summer photo. Christmas photo. Then a few more before they start in a private school and boast about their grades on TSR.

tsredgy222.jpg
It pretty much is that, it's Kate from Reading having her third kid. Considering her parents are multimillionaires we shouldn't be funding her family's lifestyle. Being excited and it being a priority is the case for thousands of people across the country, you just have to look at the people who went to their wedding who camped out for ages, bought loads of merchandise and were so "happy and made up" for them among many other things. The amount of media coverage this family gets, especially as top stories of the day across many major news outlets, would make people think there's nothing more important going on in the world.

Ha no it's the Duchess of Cambridge having the 5th in line to the throne. I agree though that camping out etc is excessive and weird but just checking the news every now and then for an update isn't excessive or weird. I also agree we shouldn't be funding her parents or sister though.
I’m about as excited as the BBCs simon McCoy.
Reply 18
Original post by Doonesbury
جرجس‎
Jordi
Ascalon

i agree that the new Royal Offspring™ should build bridges in our broken communities... what better way than to have a vibrant multicultural name ?

:parrot:
Ha no it's the Duchess of Cambridge having the 5th in line to the throne. I agree though that camping out etc is excessive and weird but just checking the news every now and then for an update isn't excessive or weird. I also agree we shouldn't be funding her parents or sister though.

Fifth in line means nothing as they'll never get it, they may as well work at Aldi for all the chance of getting the throne. She's just a woman having a baby, hundreds of thousands of women do this every day. She's the Duchess of Cambridge but she didn't earn it (nor does she actually do anything practical), she just married and got it automatically. Even if she was a royal by birth my stance would be exactly the same, she's just a woman doing what women having been doing every single day since the dawn of humanity.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending