The Student Room Group

How excited are you for the Royal Baby BOY ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glassapple
Fifth in line means nothing as they'll never get it, they may as well work at Aldi for all the chance of getting the throne. She's just a woman having a baby, hundreds of thousands of women do this every day. She's the Duchess of Cambridge but she didn't earn it (nor does she actually do anything practical), she just married and got it automatically.

You could argue the Queen didn't earn her title as she was born into royalty - she didn't do anything to earn it nor did she ask for it and the only reason she is Queen is because her dad died. But you'd still give lots of respect to the Queen right? I agree with you that she doesn't do much but she still holds a royal title so her third kid will hardly be normal no matter how much you wish it was.
Reply 21
Original post by the bear
should build bridges in our broken communities...

Indeed, that's what David and Posh were doing with Brooklyn.

IQY3Z2DGIVGRHN5YPHQ7KIJF34.jpeg
Original post by DrawTheLine
You could argue the Queen didn't earn her title as she was born into royalty - she didn't do anything to earn it nor did she ask for it and the only reason she is Queen is because her dad died. But you'd still give lots of respect to the Queen right? I agree with you that she doesn't do much but she still holds a royal title so her third kid will hardly be normal no matter how much you wish it was.

I don't respect the Queen at all, again she's just a woman. I don't respect any of the royal family in any way at all. The kid will have a royal title which will mean nothing at all in reality, they'll never get the throne and the best they can hope for is to do a few royal duties like Princess Anne does (I don't agree with royal duties anyway, they're pointless exercises).
(edited 6 years ago)
Why should I be excited? Am I the father? No. Is that baby going to grow to be a productive human being that'll benefit the nation? No. Am I going to get paid to act excited? No.
I don't respect the Queen at all, again she's just a woman. I don't respect any of the royal family in any way at all. The kid will have a royal title which will mean nothing at all in reality, they'll never get the throne and the best they can hope for is to do a few royal duties like Princess Anne does (I don't agree with royal duties anyway, they're pointless exercises).

So you don't respect them even as humans? Ignoring their royal titles, you wouldn't give them just basic human respect?
Original post by the bear
me i'm like:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbdKt1gWAAAetnh.jpg

:h:

do you have any suggestions for the name ?

BOYS

i) George 2.0 as it is St George's Day & they already have a George ?

ii) Jorge...

iii) Georg

iv) William 2.0 as it is Shakespeare's Birthday & they already have a William in the family

v) Draco.... because of the Dragon ?

GIRLS

i) Georgina

ii) Georgette

iii) Wilhelmina

iv) La'Tanya

v) Jayda

:top2:

Im gonna throw that royal baby out a window.

It should be called brochacho
So you don't respect them even as humans? Ignoring their royal titles, you wouldn't give them just basic human respect?

Basic human respect yes but that's not what you were implying from your last post. They're just people who haven't earned anything.
(edited 6 years ago)
They should give it a descriptive name such as ''parasite'' or ''waste of tax payers money''.

The royal family is nothing but a bunch of glorified chavs.
Basic human respect yes but that's not what you were inferring from your last post. They're just people who haven't earned anything.

I half agree. I asked about respect because you implied you didn't even give them basic human respect when you said you don't respect them "in any way at all". I agree that they're just people "born lucky" as it were to be wealthy and have some level of power. However if they didn't want to do it they could remove themselves from it all if they really wanted. They do some important work but not enough to be as respected as the Queen who imo has done the most work out of them all and continues to do so even in her 90s.
Original post by Sufyaan65
Why should I be excited? Am I the father? No. Is that baby going to grow to be a productive human being that'll benefit the nation? No. Am I going to get paid to act excited? No.

Most people on TSR are not going to be productive humans that benefit the nation.

No.
Original post by bars from mars
No.

Cool.
Can we have a poll for this?
Original post by uberteknik
Most people on TSR are not going to be productive humans that benefit the nation.

Most people on tsr will still get jobs, pay the same level of tax as what anyone else would do were they in their position and not consume more than they produce.

The royal family is a cancer invading the heart of this nation.
Reply 34

tsredgy222222.jpg
I half agree. I asked about respect because you implied you didn't even give them basic human respect when you said you don't respect them "in any way at all". I agree that they're just people "born lucky" as it were to be wealthy and have some level of power. However if they didn't want to do it they could remove themselves from it all if they really wanted. They do some important work but not enough to be as respected as the Queen who imo has done the most work out of them all and continues to do so even in her 90s.

>thinking being Queen is hard work

Sitting and do virtually noting while the tax payer foots their lifestyles, in a palace that's being refurbished with £370 million of tax payers' money, while getting their faces into every media outlet in the Western world and you think they'd ever give that up? They do a few things but these things could be accomplished very easily by normal people if there was no royal family. We shouldn't be giving them attention just because they're 'royal', they're just people who don't have to work for anything.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik

Okay? We're talking about the Royal baby. So...?

Spoiler

>thinking being Queen is hard work

Not compared to other jobs e.g. being a nurse however she's spent her entire life in the spotlight, never being able to go to a cafe for a Sunday morning coffee or whatever. She's had to travel all over the world and the country in a short space of time (not fun to be stuck on a plane / car for hours on end) and still has to always look her best and well groomed etc. even when she's probably exhausted and just wants a lie in. She always has to smile and be happy to see people even if she's in a grumpy mood or doesn't feel well. Can never do normal people things. Constantly badgered for attention etc. Can't imagine you would want that lifestyle
Reply 39
They should give it a descriptive name such as ''parasite'' or ''waste of tax payers money''.

The royal family is nothing but a bunch of glorified chavs.

tsredgy5555.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending