still struggling with my faith Islam

Watch
jasmin058
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi sooo...

I am still struggling with gaining my spirituality back, Ramadan is just round the corner.

I am a muslim, but I no longer believe in simple things like Allah is watching us, or that Satan exists, or that we will be questioned about sins in the after life.

Atheists please dont reply as I dont want people to question Islam, so just requesting Muslims to reply on this post pls.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jasmin058)
Atheists please dont reply as I dont want people to question Islam, so just requesting Muslims to reply on this post pls.
You're probably on the wrong site, then. Try Ummah or some other echo chamber if you want a Muslim-only discussion.
username2858058
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello.

Those are some fundamental beliefs which a Muslim must hold.

It is normal and natural to have dips in faith

However, it shouldnt be going to such extremities like the ones you have described

Is there a reason for the lack of belief?
jasmin058
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by faith 101)
Hello.

Those are some fundamental beliefs which a Muslim must hold.

It is normal and natural to have dips in faith

However, it shouldnt be going to such extremities like the ones you have described

Is there a reason for the lack of belief?
I had a lot of personal problems, also got derailed by a guy but completely my own fault and I just lack religious enviroment outside of family currently.

I felt demotivated that when I was a practicing none of my prayers were being answered, my non religious friends had happier lives. And I got depressed which makes me fee ungrateful most of the time.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had a lot of personal problems, also got derailed by a guy but completely my own fault and I just lack religious enviroment outside of family currently.

I felt demotivated that when I was a practicing none of my prayers were being answered, my non religious friends had happier lives. And I got depressed which makes me fee ungrateful most of the time.
Stick with family, maybe find a local masjid etc because they do also hold programmes for women too. Listen to local masjid's on receivers/their online webpage, the advice etc they give is for everyone.

Prayers are not always accepted straightaway. Even the prophets duas were answered years later. No dua asked with conviction in Allah is denied.
People hide their unhappiness irl. You cannot know who truly is happy/not happy.
For us, as Muslims our main happiness is in the hereafter. We strive for it there, more than here.
ussy123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi sooo...

I am still struggling with gaining my spirituality back, Ramadan is just round the corner.

I am a muslim, but I no longer believe in simple things like Allah is watching us, or that Satan exists, or that we will be questioned about sins in the after life.

Exactly how I feel. None of it seems true because there is no evidence.
LittleBoss2346
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi sooo...

I am still struggling with gaining my spirituality back, ramadan is just round the corner.

I am a muslim, but i no longer believe in simple things like allah is watching us, or that satan exists, or that we will be questioned about sins in the after life.

Atheists please dont reply as i dont want people to question islam, so just requesting muslims to reply on this post pls.
do a lot of zhikr
Unknown78692
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi sooo...

I don't mean anything in a bad way but I think when you go away from your religion Satan whispers bad thoughts and you don't realize and fall into his trap. I think you should begin with pray first. But remember try your BEST to concentrate. Do Dhikr of Astagfirullah and you know more, make LOTS of Dua. Also, listen to lecturers of the correct scholars. However, if you still don't see a change in your heart then you must speak to your local Iman or an Islamic scholar whom can guide,
I pray God guide us all to the correct place.
Unknown78692
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ussy123)
There is evidence to Majority of things you just need to find an reliable and knowledgeable person (Of Islam) whom can answer your questions and guide you.
TopSurgeon21Cent
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ussy123)
"no evidence"
if we are not questioned for our deeds than we might as well run around doing as we please
WRONG,
Unknown78692
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

The non-Muslim friends might have been happy for the outer. And a lot of the times when us teenagers discover the horrors of the world (Relationships, drinking and ectra) we become amused and we think we find ecstasy in them but drinking alcohol might ease a person for a short period of time, afterwards their depression and emptiness will return.
However, with the worship of God your peace remains.

Allah SWT was listening to your Dua, maybe the Dua wasn't good for you as He is Omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent. These are our tests in life, it is hard but we must remain strong and still have faith.
ussy123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TopSurgeon21Cent)
"no evidence"
if we are not questioned for our deeds than we might as well run around doing as we please
WRONG,
😴😴
Unknown78692
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TopSurgeon21Cent)
"no evidence"
WRONG,
But we are rewarded for our deeds.
And yes we do get questioned
1) In the grave
2) On the day o Resurrection
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (30)
42.86%
Take autumn exams (26)
37.14%
Look for a job (1)
1.43%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
2.86%
Take a year out (8)
11.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads