The Student Room Group

French Listening AS Help

How can I revise for my listening, I swear I can't even pass a single test yet I get A grades on everything else. It will drag my grade down if I can't improve it. I feel as though I can understand what they are saying 80% of the time, but I just can't connect it in my head. Another problem I have is when they put something like l' in front of a vowel and I lose the meaning of the sentence and think that I don't know the word. I just need some good decent level french and perhaps some related questions to boost my performance. Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hey!
I guess I get the same kinda thing. Listening has always been the toughest exam imo, but the best way to improve is listen to French music (I'd suggest Carla Bruni, Françoise Hardy, Stromae because they have pretty clear accents) and try to see if you can translate the lyrics. Watching French movies is always a good thing so you can adjust to the way they speak and how they pronounce things.

Another good way is to try out past listening papers whilst reading the transcript at the same time - this is always helpful because you also learn new vocabulary.

Good luck! I don't have AS exams luckily but I do have internal ones this week :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending