Any advice on muscle gain for a girl

Watch
Jordanna26
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve gained abit of weight recently which is a good thing because I was quite abit underweight, However the only thing is it’s mainly all going to my belly?
I’m a girl... could I advice on-
1.Things to eat to gain muscle instead of fat
2. Things to eat to be healthy and gain muscle weight
3. What kinds of exercise to do?
Thankyou
Howie_2114
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jordanna26)
I’ve gained abit of weight recently which is a good thing because I was quite abit underweight, However the only thing is it’s mainly all going to my belly?
I’m a girl... could I advice on-
1.Things to eat to gain muscle instead of fat
2. Things to eat to be healthy and gain muscle weight
3. What kinds of exercise to do?
Thankyou
There’s no particular food actually builds muscle by itself. The best way to build muscle is go to the gym and lift weights.
Foods you can eat to help the best results are lots of protein and low fat food, chicken is a perfect example, healthy carbs such as rice, brown rice are really good.
Try and avoid high sodium based foods and high fat foods, for example pizza, burgers and basically just junk food in general.
A healthy source of fats is fish oil, tinned tuna is really good for this, salmon is also good.
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
in terms of work outs, weight training is the way to go.

compound exercises, 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps, split them up, so arms/chest one day, lower body another. You do need rest days for actually allowing muscle growth

do the lot, squats, lunges, deadlifts, cleans, burpees, walking lunges, and plyometric moves too are great, like jump squats and box jumps (could use weights too)
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4853194
Destrohades
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Simple answer, look up the shortcut to size pdf and just follow that. Longer answer, if your willing to do research then I would suggest do a Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower split and periodise it in the same way as shortcut to size.
Dofuber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
firstly,you should calculate the calories that you need for one day.after that you take nearly 300-400 extra calories than you need.you can gain 0.5 kg in the best healthy way every week.
ı recommend myfitnnespal to calculate calories
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads