Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, my exams are starting soon (first one is on the 2nd of May) and while I revised at the start of the easter holidays, I haven’t really done anything for about a week. I have depression and other anxiety issues that have gotten way worse recently and I know it’s not an excuse but I’m struggling to want to be alive so revising has been hard.

My mum yelled at me for being lazy so I’m trying to revise now but I feel like the words are just slipping over my brain and not going in. My predicted grades are 99998A*765 but I know it’s unlikely that I will get those grades, I’m just hoping I pass them all at this point.

Does anyone have any experience of revising with a mental illness? I don’t really know why I’m asking, I mainly just wanted to vent but if anyone has any tips that would be amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pottah)
    Hi everyone, my exams are starting soon (first one is on the 2nd of May) and while I revised at the start of the easter holidays, I haven’t really done anything for about a week. I have depression and other anxiety issues that have gotten way worse recently and I know it’s not an excuse but I’m struggling to want to be alive so revising has been hard.

My mum yelled at me for being lazy so I’m trying to revise now but I feel like the words are just slipping over my brain and not going in. My predicted grades are 99998A*765 but I know it’s unlikely that I will get those grades, I’m just hoping I pass them all at this point.

Does anyone have any experience of revising with a mental illness? I don’t really know why I’m asking, I mainly just wanted to vent but if anyone has any tips that would be amazing
    I struggle with mental health issues (I find it hard to talk about so I won’t) and I find revision really hard, I recommend doing small chunks, take it 30mins at a time, and if you find that it’s really not working, just move on and revise a subject that you enjoy more, it will be a lot easier this way. Also watch YouTube videos, freesciencelessons is very good and it doesn’t feel like much work then.
    All the best 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if its taken over your life go and see a doctor he can give the exams boards information that may allow them to take into account when you do your exam of apply for sixth form etc...

if your depressed of the prospect of exams everyone is.

either way i hope you do well good luck

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.