Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how I can get from a level 6 in English to 8/9 before gcse come in a month please help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    From my experience and asking teachers, what seems to be capping me personally at a grade 6 (for language) is the final question, i usually get around 25 26 marks on that question, and i have been told that the reason is im not using enough, or advanced enough, punctuation, such as colons, semi colons, hyphens and etcetera. you could also check your exam boards answer objectives (AO's) or go through the exam mark scheme. all of it can be found with a simple google search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cryssan)
    From my experience and asking teachers, what seems to be capping me personally at a grade 6 (for language) is the final question, i usually get around 25 26 marks on that question, and i have been told that the reason is im not using enough, or advanced enough, punctuation, such as colons, semi colons, hyphens and etcetera. you could also check your exam boards answer objectives (AO's) or go through the exam mark scheme. all of it can be found with a simple google search
    Okay thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    For literature, all i can honestly suggest is to go over the poems and review annotations. I seriously recommend the site www.genius.com as it is a song lyric analyser, however most poems are also, really deeply annotated.
    You can also use the mark scheme too

ReputationRep:
    For literature, all i can honestly suggest is to go over the poems and review annotations. I seriously recommend the site www.genius.com as it is a song lyric analyser, however most poems are also, really deeply annotated.
    You can also use the mark scheme too
    Thank you very much honestly also do you think the mark scheme is helpful as it’s always saying the same things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasacolx)
    Thank you very much honestly also do you think the mark scheme is helpful as it’s always saying the same things
    The mark scheme is important purely due to the fact that it is what the examiner will use to make your paper, it is their guideline, so if you know what they are looking for, then you know what to write

ReputationRep:
    The mark scheme is important purely due to the fact that it is what the examiner will use to make your paper, it is their guideline, so if you know what they are looking for, then you know what to write
    Okay do you know where I can find very detailed ones because the ones I find are always the same so I don’t bother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasacolx)
    Okay do you know where I can find very detailed ones because the ones I find are always the same so I don’t bother
    It should be on the website of the exam board the english department in your school is under.
    simply google the exam board, for example Edexcel would be:

edexcel english language mark scheme

and doing this i came across this:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...-Lang-SAMs.pdf

Which is an exam paper and the mark scheme for it

ReputationRep:
    It should be on the website of the exam board the english department in your school is under.
    simply google the exam board, for example Edexcel would be:

edexcel english language mark scheme

and doing this i came across this:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...-Lang-SAMs.pdf

Which is an exam paper and the mark scheme for it
    Oh thank you very much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.