The Student Room Group

GCSEs URGENT

Does anybody know how I can get from a level 6 in English to 8/9 before gcse come in a month please help
Revise as much quotes as possible. Personally, writing a lot of essays is a great way (Got me 8 in English Literature :biggrin:)
Reply 2
Original post by Samee Aslam
Revise as much quotes as possible. Personally, writing a lot of essays is a great way (Got me 8 in English Literature :biggrin:)

So if I do a lot of essays and give my teacher to feedback do you think this would help?
Definitely
Reply 4
Plan loads of questions and make you know quotes which you can analyse well, especially ones which are a technique
Yes definitely practice exam technique, ie writing questions in exam conditions and ask your teacher to mark it! That’s what I do with my a level psychology essays:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MegCatherine-x
Yes definitely practice exam technique, ie writing questions in exam conditions and ask your teacher to mark it! That’s what I do with my a level psychology essays:smile:

Oh wow okay thank you very much however I’ve done this and given them to my teacher however she is not very good at marking and doesn’t know how to access top bands eg level 8/9 is there anyway if I type them up I can send them to you and give me feedback?
Reply 7
Definitely

Are you in gcse?
Original post by kasacolx
Are you in gcse?

No I am now in A-Levels studying English Literature.
Reply 9

Original post by JS101
Plan loads of questions and make you know quotes which you can analyse well, especially ones which are a technique

Are you in gcse?
Reply 10
No I am now in A-Levels studying English Literature.

Omg it is there actually anyway I can type up my essays and send them to you for you to mark and give back critical feedback
Omg it is there actually anyway I can type up my essays and send them to you for you to mark and give back critical feedback

Uh well im kinda busy with my own work...sorry. It would be best for your teacher to mark your work
Reply 12
Uh well im kinda busy with my own work...sorry. It would be best for your teacher to mark your work

Aw no don’t worry I understand and yeah don’t worry I’m trying but our teachers aren’t good at marking and can’t explain how to access top bands.
Aw no don’t worry I understand and yeah don’t worry I’m trying but our teachers aren’t good at marking and can’t explain how to access top bands.

Hmm. Which novels are you studying? If you are doing the same ones as I was, I may be able to help
Reply 14
Hmm. Which novels are you studying? If you are doing the same ones as I was, I may be able to help

Romeo and Juliet, Christmas carol and inspector calls.
Ah. I studied Christmas Carol and Inspector Calls but not Romeo and Juliet.
Do you have Snapchat or something where you can send me your essay?
Reply 16
Are you in gcse?

Yeah I’m taking them this year
Reply 17
Ah. I studied Christmas Carol and Inspector Calls but not Romeo and Juliet.
Do you have Snapchat or something where you can send me your essay?

I can send them to you on email but if I type them up because I’ve done it In handwritten form but when I’ve written it up on email I can send it you on there?
Sure.
PM me
Oh wow okay thank you very much however I’ve done this and given them to my teacher however she is not very good at marking and doesn’t know how to access top bands eg level 8/9 is there anyway if I type them up I can send them to you and give me feedback?

Yeah absolutely if you send me mark schemes too:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest