The Student Room Group

Best sex is relationship sex.

Compared to ONS and casual, one-time hookups, sex with someone you know well can be mind blowing. For both of you ofc but here I'm talking about my own sex - that is, males.

But if so, why are people, especially guys, obsessed with casual sex?? My strongest orgasms were always with girls who knew me very well, not those I had on and off things with or very short-term flings.
Reply 1
I've had good and bad in both, but I think on average there's probably something to that. Simply because they know your body better, know your likes, dislikes, kinks better.
Depends how you mean. I think in terms of orgasm quality, sex is sex, I can get a better orgasm off my hand because I know my own knob. In terms of fun and variety, generally yeah, someone you're familiar with and you know what they like and vice versa, is always gonna be better than a first time with a stranger because most people might still be a bit conservative with what they'll do with a stranger, whereas the more comfortable you get with someone, the barriers start to come down. I've had a handful one ONS girls that have been pretty ****ing wild, though, but generally, most aren't quite so daring.
Reply 3
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Depends how you mean. I think in terms of orgasm quality, sex is sex, I can get a better orgasm off my hand because I know my own knob. In terms of fun and variety, generally yeah, someone you're familiar with and you know what they like and vice versa, is always gonna be better than a first time with a stranger because most people might still be a bit conservative with what they'll do with a stranger, whereas the more comfortable you get with someone, the barriers start to come down. I've had a handful one ONS girls that have been pretty ****ing wild, though, but generally, most aren't quite so daring.

It is indeed mostly that they know what you like better than a stranger does but it's also that they actually really wanna please you. Not only 'cos they're more comfortable with you but because they care about you and want to pleasure you. That's not as likely to be true if the girl's a ONS or some girl you have sex with once a every few weeks.

And yet people are obsessed with ****ing as many girls as possible even if they're lazy lays. Odd.
Reply 4
New is always better.

But seriously, no, not always the case.
One night stands are perfect sometimes.
Original post by Anonymous
And yet people are obsessed with ****ing as many girls as possible even if they're lazy lays. Odd.

I got about when I was younger, and yeah, tbh it was never about "I wanna find a great shag", it was just about getting notches on the bed post. Like stamp collecting - they're not all worth anything, but it's nice to say "look at what I've amassed over the years!" :lol:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I got about when I was younger, and yeah, tbh it was never about "I wanna find a great shag", it was just about getting notches on the bed post. Like stamp collecting - they're not all worth anything, but it's nice to say "look at what I've amassed over the years!" :lol:

what do u bicep :wink:
Yes it is as long as the partner is willing to do what you like/cater to your kinks :wink:

But the best best sex is no sex. Open the Bible and pray to Jesus Ya'll :2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l:
Reply 9
Not per se, necessarily; but given a sufficiently profound and reciprocal emotional connection—of the sort that one would be hard pressed to cultivate outside of truly assiduous, devoted companionship—the resulting intimacy can lend sex a dimension which transcends mere libido to become, dare I say it, spiritually nourishing.

Unfortunately, to-date I've only one such relationship under my belt: but I'd happily trade all of my subsequent encounters for the opportunity to re-live those cherished moments of ultimate, ecstatic, carnal surrender with someone for whom I can justify feeling that vulnerable.
There is a part of the male human brain that’s been well-honed by millennia of evolution to just want to impregnate as many women as possible. People who act that way tend to have more kids, who carry the genes for the behaviour - go figure.
It's funny. I've never measured the quality of sex from the strength of my orgasms. This is largely dependent on how long it was since my previous ejaculation anyway.

My measurement of good sex is how much physical, emotional and spiritual pleasure my partner has received.

I would add that the first time I make love with a new partner is a very special, memorable, enjoyable event. I can understand why some people are into butterflying.
Because for most guys sex is more of a physical thing while for women it's more of an emotional thing.
Reply 13
Rather more regular, when in a relationship in my experience. I guess if it's 'on tap' for you even when single it can be quite exciting, but I don't really see the point of ONS. If I fancy someone enough to do it once I'd probably want to repeat.
Yeah, I kind of agree. I've done a fair bit of casual stuff in the last couple of years of being single and, while it can be fun, it's just not the same. It's either drunk and messy or awkward and clumsy if sober. That being said, I've had some really really bad sex with people I've dated longer term, and some pretty decent sex from casual encounters.
Original post by Anonymous
Compared to ONS and casual, one-time hookups, sex with someone you know well can be mind blowing. For both of you ofc but here I'm talking about my own sex - that is, males.

But if so, why are people, especially guys, obsessed with casual sex?? My strongest orgasms were always with girls who knew me very well, not those I had on and off things with or very short-term flings.
I'm not obsessed with casual sex. I've kept away for that reason - I'm not ready yet for another relationship, and while an FWB situation with a good friend I can trust would be awesome, it wouldn't be fair on either of us (probably). I'm a very affectionate lover, so having casual sex would be weird to the point of off-putting for me.
Original post by Profesh
Not per se, necessarily; but given a sufficiently profound and reciprocal emotional connection—of the sort that one would be hard pressed to cultivate outside of truly assiduous, devoted companionship—the resulting intimacy can lend sex a dimension which transcends mere libido to become, dare I say it, spiritually nourishing.

Unfortunately, to-date I've only one such relationship under my belt: but I'd happily trade all of my subsequent encounters for the opportunity to re-live those cherished moments of ultimate, ecstatic, carnal surrender with someone for whom I can justify feeling that vulnerable.

Great answer.

Love that you're still going and some of the old-timers are still here! :biggrin:
Original post by Kravence
Because for most guys sex is more of a physical thing while for women it's more of an emotional thing.

How sexist. There is NO difference between men and women. This is the 21st century, that backward 7th century mentality does not belong here.
Shag's a shag.

Quick Reply