The Student Room Group

What will it take for me to get into uni?

Hi,

Basically just signed up to ask this question because I'm semi worried about the next few weeks ahaha fs

So basically I made a massive mistake by picking my 5 uni courses on UCAS with all the same entry requirements so now I have 5 conditional offers at BBC that I have to achieve the grades for to get into the uni of my choice. If not I'm going straight into clearing and I'll probably end up at a sub par uni in a place I don't want to be.

In college im taking Media Studies, Geography and Business. At the current time, if I'm being honest, id say my final grades may end up like this:
Media Studies - A
Geography - C/D
Business - B/C

If I don't put a shift in the next few weeks the grades in the second 2 could easily be the lower grades.

So basically I'm wondering what is the best revision techniques to learn the most content possible in the least time? I need some options as to what I can do to achieve those grades in the next few weeks when the time comes.

Also what is the clearing process like? Could I potentially get an offer from the unis id most like to go to but a course with lower entry requirements?

Any answers to any of these would be much appreciated
Reply 1
It's entirely possible that either your firm or your insurance choice will still take you if you miss your offer grades, so getting one or two grades lower doesn't necessarily mean you'll go straight into clearing. That said, though, it'll obviously make life (or results day, at least) easier for you if you do meet the grades! My best advice would be to do as many past papers or sample questions as possible, mark them honestly (or preferably get someone else to mark them) and improve on your answers using the mark scheme. Your exam technique is just as important as your actual knowledge of the content, so you want to be practicing that as much as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest