How did you guys choose what uni you want to go to?

Watch
basicallyshrek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
^^question says it all peeps

Also how was/is uni, any regrets?
LucyED93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I chose my universities based on the reviews I had seen, the overall standard of the university (What awards they've won etc.) and what the courses could offer me in terms of my future. I didn't care about location at all. The four universities I ended up choosing were Bangor University (twice as I applied to two courses there), University of Winchester, Greenwich University and Edge Hill University. I ended up going with Edge Hill University as they had won Times Magazine University of the Year that year and because the stories of graduates were all very promising. (Not to mention it's a gorgeous campus.) I definitely feel like I made the right choice, as it's a great place to study and there's always something going on. I don't think I regret anything about my experience here, if anything I'm sad to be leaving soon, which is probably why I applied to do the MA here!

Hope this helps!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i chose the 'top' unis that weren't Oxbridge (teaching style, workload, early UCAS deadline) or in London where i lived.

that left me with

St Andrews
Durham
Warwick
Bath

I then looked at course structure (i liked st andrews and durham for that) and the fact that i didnt want to have to take a bus from campus to the town (so that got rid of bath and warwick)

then st andrews vs durham, i wanted the 4 year degree with the three subjects in my first year, and st andrews has an international-school vibe that durham lacked
srhb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I adore my city, so I couldn’t bare to move away. Luckily for me, the uni with the best reputation out of the three in Liverpool (and Edge Hill that was easily commutable) offered my dream course and so it was an easy choice. I would, however, have moved away if this was not the case.

I don’t have many regrets at all. Despite living at home with parents, I’ve integrated well (and I’m not too extroverted, that’s for sure). I’ve saved a lot of money without missing out on too much of the “student life”. I will say, though, I regret not joining any societies as I’d love to expand my circle a little further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (7)
17.95%
I'm not sure (1)
2.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (12)
30.77%
I have already dropped out (2)
5.13%
I'm not a current university student (17)
43.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed