I'm dropping a GCSE what should I take instead of it?

Watch this thread
hibachouds
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I am thinking of dropping the GCSE option which is art or pe and I am meant to be doing 10 GCSE's in total and I can't really afford to drop one at the moment but I really hate art and pe so I'm going to have to drop it. I want to do another GCSE but im not sure what to do. P.S. I'm already doing business studies, geography, Spanish and triple science.
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
which year are you in? id drop art if i could. it takes a lot of time
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by leahnj)
which year are you in? id drop art if i could. it takes a lot of time
I'm in year 9 at the moment. I chose pe but to be honest I hate both subjects so I want to drop the whole GCSE in general which means I'd only be doing 9 GCSE's
marveldinosaur
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think art definitely takes more time, but you have to be enthusiastic about PE to do it! I loved PE at GCSE, (not enjoying it so much at ALevel).
I really enjoyed Media Studies, as it is quite interesting to learn about the ever developing world around us that grows with the internet!! It helps if you are good at writing though as it is particularly wordy - not all watching films like many people think.
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by marveldinosaur)
I think art definitely takes more time, but you have to be enthusiastic about PE to do it! I loved PE at GCSE, (not enjoying it so much at ALevel).
I really enjoyed Media Studies, as it is quite interesting to learn about the ever developing world around us that grows with the internet!! It helps if you are good at writing though as it is particularly wordy - not all watching films like many people think.
I've already chosen Spanish which was up against media studies so I wont be able to do that either
leahnj
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hibachouds)
I'm in year 9 at the moment. I chose pe but to be honest I hate both subjects so I want to drop the whole GCSE in general which means I'd only be doing 9 GCSE's
if you're in year 9, would your school let you swap subjects so you'd still have 10 gcses? but art is a lot and hard to get good grades in without a lot of effort
Religion 9
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi I am thinking of dropping the GCSE option which is art or pe and I am meant to be doing 10 GCSE's in total and I can't really afford to drop one at the moment but I really hate art and pe so I'm going to have to drop it. I want to do another GCSE but im not sure what to do. P.S. I'm already doing business studies, geography, Spanish and triple science.
Religious Studies..........Food Preparation and Nutrition..................or dunno!!!??/
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by leahnj)
if you're in year 9, would your school let you swap subjects so you'd still have 10 gcses? but art is a lot and hard to get good grades in without a lot of effort
I asked my form tutor and he spoke to the head of my year and they've agreed to let me swap subjects since im still in yr9
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by Religion 9)
Religious Studies..........Food Preparation and Nutrition..................or dunno!!!??/
my school doesnt offer those subjects at GCSE level
Nobody101
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What other options do you have?
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do what you love.
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by Nobody101)
What other options do you have?
to be honest I dont really have any options to do instead of pe and art but im trying to find another subject to do just because I have to do 10 since my mum wants me to. one option I was considering was additional further science on top of triple science.
marveldinosaur
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I've already chosen Spanish which was up against media studies so I wont be able to do that either
What are the options of things you can do then? or is it just between PE and art?
Nobody101
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
to be honest I dont really have any options to do instead of pe and art but im trying to find another subject to do just because I have to do 10 since my mum wants me to. one option I was considering was additional further science on top of triple science.
How about religious studies if that's an option? If not I say drop art and go for additional further science
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by marveldinosaur)
What are the options of things you can do then? or is it just between PE and art?
its just between pe and art
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by Nobody101)
How about religious studies if that's an option? If not I say drop art and go for additional further science
my school doesnt offer religious studies as a GCSE
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
GCSEs are really a two-year course, you should be able to switch
waseem bhat
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Now i m in 11th standard and wanna to clear physics concepts so that i can crack AIIMs entrance exam...what should i do ?
hibachouds
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
GCSEs are really a two-year course, you should be able to switch
yeah my form tutor said I could drop it
leahnj
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I asked my form tutor and he spoke to the head of my year and they've agreed to let me swap subjects since im still in yr9
thats good! id reccomend additional further sciencesince its similar to triple
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (82)
67.21%
No (29)
23.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
9.02%

Watched Threads