I'm in year 8 and i have chosen my gcse options and i already feel behind

Watch
ellemarie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi there, I just chose my options for gcse (history, French, business studies, seperate science and all the core subjects) and I don't know what supplies I need and do I get school books or do I need to bring paper? please help I really need to know how to plan for the next school year xx
ussy123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ellemarie)
hi there, I just chose my options for gcse (history, French, business studies, seperate science and all the core subjects) and I don't know what supplies I need and do I get school books or do I need to bring paper? please help I really need to know how to plan for the next school year xx
Hi, I'm pretty sure you don't need to bring anything on your first day, probably pens but other than that they should tell you.
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't stress really they will provide the books and in all honesty, you are only in year 8 at the moment so don't panic with all this time till GCSE's
username3738636
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In my school we are told to bring folders for each gcse subjects to use instead of normal excersise books. I would also reccomend buying plain notebooks for each subject so you can write your revision notes for your gcses as you go along. I wouldn't worry too much as your still quite young, and your school will tell you if you need anything.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're in year 8 so you should know what equipment the school offers you. don't stress too much about it, if you are missing out on pieces of equipment you can buy them during summer. save the stress for year 11 lmao.
Sint
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're in year 8, don't you have a whole year to go before starting GCSEs?
ellemarie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Sint)
If you're in year 8, don't you have a whole year to go before starting GCSEs?
no the government changed it so the current year 8' s have to choose this year, but in my area we were the first school to send in our options
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The government haven't changed when you have to choose your option, but they have changed the GCSEs and put more content in. Because of this lots of schools now teach GCSE over 3 years, so choices have to be made at the end of year 8. To be honest, most schools in this area had changed to 3 year GCSE courses anyway,
HorusTheAvenger
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm slightly surprised you chose your options in Year 8 but I guess it depends on your school (we chose ours towards the beginning of Year 9), and you probably know best what to bring, what your school requires, etc.
You might want to consider bringing folders for your subjects (if they help you organise your work) and carrying lined paper (I found this useful).
Good luck
tyryer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
change french whilst you can or you will regret it
Tanzil784
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't your school even supply you with any excersize books
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (78)
16.46%
No one else does (142)
29.96%
I'm embarrassed about my background (55)
11.6%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (167)
35.23%
We don't use a video platform (8)
1.69%
I don't have a camera (11)
2.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
2.74%

Watched Threads