Terrified of failing my A level Spanish speaking exam Watch

sundae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My speaking exam is on Wednesday and the thought actually makes me sick. I feel like I've done all I can but I can just tell when I get in there I'm going to be asked really obvious things that I forgot about.

I'd really be happy with a C at this point as I'm better at the writing and the reading/listening so hopefully that will pull my grade up. I'm just terrified of being asked impossible questions and spending the whole exam stuttering and talking garbage. Ahh I just want it over with

How is everyone else feeling?
sundae
Rep:
?
Bump
rosewater02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey
I’m not doing Spanish but I am doing French, my speaking is in May but I feel exactly the same as you... I find it really hard to formulate answers quickly so I end up pausing and stuttering a lot
What exam board are you doing for Spanish?
sundae
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosewater02)
Hey
I’m not doing Spanish but I am doing French, my speaking is in May but I feel exactly the same as you... I find it really hard to formulate answers quickly so I end up pausing and stuttering a lot
What exam board are you doing for Spanish?
Same! It's like I get to the middle of the sentence and completely forget how grammar works or what I was saying in the first place :rolleyes:

I'm with Eduqas, what about you?
trbltrbl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sundae)
My speaking exam is on Wednesday and the thought actually makes me sick. I feel like I've done all I can but I can just tell when I get in there I'm going to be asked really obvious things that I forgot about.

I'd really be happy with a C at this point as I'm better at the writing and the reading/listening so hopefully that will pull my grade up. I'm just terrified of being asked impossible questions and spending the whole exam stuttering and talking garbage. Ahh I just want it over with

How is everyone else feeling?
I did my spanish speaking last monday and i was petrified beforehand but once you get into the flow of things it'll feel much better and more natural. if you feel stuck on a phrase or anything, just use time-filler phrases like "pues...", "desde mi punto de vista", "vale..."
sundae
Rep:
?
(Original post by trbltrbl)
I did my spanish speaking last monday and i was petrified beforehand but once you get into the flow of things it'll feel much better and more natural. if you feel stuck on a phrase or anything, just use time-filler phrases like "pues...", "desde mi punto de vista", "vale..."
Ah thank you you've made me feel a bit better Can I ask how much did you revise? Were you expected to know a lot of cultural stuff for the card?
rosewater02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same! It's like I get to the middle of the sentence and completely forget how grammar works or what I was saying in the first place :rolleyes:

I'm with Eduqas, what about you?
I feel you, I’m with Edexcel... how are you feeling about the irp?
sundae
Rep:
?
I feel you, I’m with Edexcel... how are you feeling about the irp?
I feel better prepared for that then the cards but I'm scared my answers will be to vague/basic as I really don't know what level of detail they want us to go into?

How about you?
rosewater02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel better prepared for that then the cards but I'm scared my answers will be to vague/basic as I really don't know what level of detail they want us to go into?

How about you?
I feel exactly the same ... I’m worried I’ll get a topic I don’t really have much to say about and I’m scared I’ll get asked questions I don’t know anything about
I’m okay with the irp part I guess, better than the cards lol
sundae
Rep:
?
I feel exactly the same ... I’m worried I’ll get a topic I don’t really have much to say about and I’m scared I’ll get asked questions I don’t know anything about
I’m okay with the irp part I guess, better than the cards lol
Same I'm dreading it so much. I've been looking at other exam boards trying to find resources and AQA have recorded mock speakings with transcripts and the marks they would get. Many of the questions seem to want your opinions rather than factual knowledge so I'm hoping it'll be the same for the other boards
rosewater02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same I'm dreading it so much. I've been looking at other exam boards trying to find resources and AQA have recorded mock speakings with transcripts and the marks they would get. Many of the questions seem to want your opinions rather than factual knowledge so I'm hoping it'll be the same for the other boards
I know that for Edexcel they wanna know more about your cultural understanding Where can I find the AQA mock speakings if you don’t mind me asking?
sundae
Rep:
?
I know that for Edexcel they wanna know more about your cultural understanding Where can I find the AQA mock speakings if you don’t mind me asking?
Oh no I'm really hoping they'll be lenient this year since we're the guinea pigs

It's on here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...ment-resources
''Speaking answers and commentary'' and then the sounds files are at the bottom
rosewater02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I’m hoping the overall grade boundaries will be a bit low too and thanks so much for the link, I really need to know what to expect 😅 hopefully I’ll scrape a C/B
sundae
Rep:
?
Mine's in 4 hours and I actually want to sob 😂 So scared
rosewater02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah good luck! I really hope it goes well
bluebells1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone here first year new linear Spanish Edexcel and doing their speaking next year and hahaha dreading it a little?
sundae
Rep:
?
Ah good luck! I really hope it goes well
Thank you!
westcw13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck! I'm doing edexcel German and have mine soon, I'm terrified 😂
westcw13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I’m hoping the overall grade boundaries will be a bit low too and thanks so much for the link, I really need to know what to expect 😅 hopefully I’ll scrape a C/B
They're usually mega high bc of the natives taking the exams, but I'm hoping they take that into account. The AS boundaries for last year were much lower for German tho, 65% for an A as opposed to 80, so there's still hope!
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just make sure you now your IRP, and know topic specific vocabulary for the cards. You will be fine, if you need any help feel free to contact me. I would recommend you to practice with your classmates, that would be helpful and remember you also get marks for your critical stuff not just the Spanish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (101)
59.41%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.29%
No- I want it (48)
28.24%
No- I don't want it (12)