The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Freshers week

Im going to Glasgow uni this september,but i will still only be 17, and i was wondering what to do during freshers week
Original post by coull2001
Im going to Glasgow uni this september,but i will still only be 17, and i was wondering what to do during freshers week

Anything that doesn't involve alcohol. No shortage of those activities. Check out their freshers week pages.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hey there,

I was 17 when I started university and so were a few of my flatmates and other people I met. It didn't hamper our enjoyment of any aspect in any way really.

Day to day, it wasn't an issue at all as you're spending your time going to induction events, meetings, society/sports fairs and whatever else you can find. As the poster above says, the uni will no doubt publicise a whole timetable of events nearer the time.

In terms of nights out, Glasgow Uni allowed us into both unions but if I remember correctly we weren't given wristbands so we couldn't be served alcohol obviously. However, we could still go to all the events and obviously most people spend some time hanging out in their flats before going out in the evenings anyway.

Don't worry about it at all.

Lilith
Reply 3
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest