Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

It's looks so beautiful..
    I hope to go to a place where i can see this one day.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Kangaroo17)

It's looks so beautiful..
    I hope to go to a place where i can see this one day.
    Beautiful.

Unfortunately, the only way to see vistas like that is by taking long exposure high definition photographs. The human eye cannot collect enough light unaided to see that amount of detail in reality.

It's quite easy to do though. All you need is a good quality dedicated camera with manual control of exposure time, aperture, focussing and a decent tripod plus remote control for shutter release.

Choose a clear night, prepare your composition as the light begins to fade at dusk, then wait until dark and start taking pictures. Use good photograph editing software such as Paintshop Pro or Photoshop and adjust until you have the desired result.

ReputationRep:
    I can just about see the milky way from rural Anglesey - it's sort of averted/peripheral vision though, when you try to look straight at it and see the detail... you can't.

It's not at all as difficult as it used to be - I've seen some amazing milky way and Messier object photos produced with image stacking techniques - literally in the field using a handheld iphone (even in fairly light polluted locations)

I get a lovely effect when I go out for a night walk in the country - you set off with the constellations in one place and eventually get back to the car an they've all moved. even though I've come back to the same place, I've not come back to the same place at all.

ReputationRep:
    Very beautiful...

So many possibilities with each of those dots.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 24, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.