The Student Room Group

Legal volunteering

Does anyone have any ideas of places I could do any legal volunteering. I am currently in Sixth Form which means that it is quite hard for me to get into anywhere to volunteer. I have already applied to a local Citizens Advice but they said that they were too busy. I attended a legal advice centre in London last week and I am attending again this week, but it is not permanent.

I really want to put in the work, but I do not have any qualifications to do so.

Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by OutsidersLawUK
Does anyone have any ideas of places I could do any legal volunteering. I am currently in Sixth Form which means that it is quite hard for me to get into anywhere to volunteer. I have already applied to a local Citizens Advice but they said that they were too busy. I attended a legal advice centre in London last week and I am attending again this week, but it is not permanent.

I really want to put in the work, but I do not have any qualifications to do so.

Any ideas?

Any local organisations who provide support to witnesses or their families as the court cases are ongoing? I know there's 2/3 set up where I'm from, and we're probably an average sized town so I'd guess there's some in London too.

I'd drop a couple of local courts an email, or if you can't find an address just give them a ring and ask their advice, they may be able to put you in touch with local charities who're seeking support.
Original post by HT2412
Any local organisations who provide support to witnesses or their families as the court cases are ongoing? I know there's 2/3 set up where I'm from, and we're probably an average sized town so I'd guess there's some in London too.

I'd drop a couple of local courts an email, or if you can't find an address just give them a ring and ask their advice, they may be able to put you in touch with local charities who're seeking support.

Thanks for that. I applied to a couple more charities last night. I did a work experience placement at a local court earlier this month, so it is possible to do that.

Are there really any jobs I could say I could do though? I don’t have a legal qualification to give legal advice, and I don’t have experience other than work experience placements. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending