Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 20, a girl and I have never had a boyfriend (in fact, I don't even have guy friends) and generally feel shy to talk to guys. I try to talk to them when I get the chance but I feel like they can tell that I have no experience doing this.
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Too shy is not an excuse. Just talk to them. Chances are they feel the same way with girls

ReputationRep:
    They are human.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be alright, honestly. It probably just means the right person hasn't come along that can take you out of.your shell. Finding love or a relationship doesn't have a set age - some people begin in school, others far later. 😊 x

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with not talking to men, there are plenty of women.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 20, a girl and I have never had a boyfriend (in fact, I don't even have guy friends) and generally feel shy to talk to guys. I try to talk to them when I get the chance but I feel like they can tell that I have no experience doing this.
    Any advice?
    Hi, so I'm a guy and can relate to what you're saying to some degree - not very confident talking to others (unless I've know them really well) this more so with girls. Though I've gotten a fair amount better.

From my experience I don't mind and sometimes don't notice when a girl has little experience with talking to guys.

Also what I find easiest thing for me is if we sit together in a lecture or something make some small jokes and talk about some small stuff every so often. This isn't too awful as its just a little way to break the ice. And eventually some of the small jokes might become long running / inside jokes, and the small talk might lead to a common interest which you can talk about more. Then maybe ask them out for coffee / or they'll ask you, and then you can talk about a whole range of things. (though that's about as far as I can give advice on haha).

I hope something I said was helpful

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.