Turn on thread page Beta

Some advice for unis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey gang,
    I typically do those short one liner replies to every thread on TSR that catches my eye whilst waiting for a bus.

But it has now finally come, I need some advice

I want to apply for medicine next year, and would like to get some opinions on which unis to apply and which to avoid, also I'm more inclined to study at a lecture based uni rather than PBL.

Some useful stats (to prompt suggestions):
    GCSEs: 3A*s 6As 1B
    A Levels (Year 1): A*A*B (biology, psychology, chemistry.)
    Predicted: A*A*A / A*AA

-
    Unis I have in mind:
    1.) Manchester
    2.) Kings college London

Every piece of advise I will really appreciate.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe have a look at Durham and Lancaster?Your grades are really good so that's not going to hold you back for any university.
    I think Nottingham and York are pbl
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisaharkness)
    Maybe have a look at Durham and Lancaster?
    I think Nottingham and York are pbl
    Thank you so much! I'll look into them,
    I was already considering Nottingham (just because I have a friend there - that's obviously not a good way to pick a uni though lol.)

Again thank you I'll have a look at the individual course breakdowns.

ReputationRep:
    I would go for lecture based personally, have you had a look around Manchester and King's campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedHB)
    I would go for lecture based personally, have you had a look around Manchester and King's campus?
    Yep I've seen Manchester's campus, going to London next week to check out King's.

Manchester seems to have really good facilities, but it's the PBL that's putting me off.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JargonRaygun)
    Yep I've seen Manchester's campus, going to London next week to check out King's.

Manchester seems to have really good facilities, but it's the PBL that's putting me off.
    Try speaking to some current medics at Manchester.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.