The Student Room Group

Part time finance upon completion of HNC

Good morning,

I am currently finishing and HNC which is being funded by my company. Will this affect my application for finance when applying for tuition fees for a part time degree? If so what finance is available to me?

My company has also agreed to pay half of the fees, how would this work and how would this affect my application for finance?

Many thanks,
Original post by Gunslingermonk
Good morning,

I am currently finishing and HNC which is being funded by my company. Will this affect my application for finance when applying for tuition fees for a part time degree? If so what finance is available to me?

My company has also agreed to pay half of the fees, how would this work and how would this affect my application for finance?

Many thanks,

Hi Gunslingermonk,

If the part time course that you wish to study is a higher qualification than you already hold (HNC). Then you would be eligible to receive funding for the new part time course. If your employer has advised that they will pay part of the tuition fees this would not effect any Tuition Fee Loan. In this case you would only request the shortfall of fees that you wish to borrow to cover your course.

The Department for Education (DfE) are introducing a part time maintenance loan (PTML) for eligible part time undergraduate students who are commencing a new part time course from academic year 2018/19.
There is certain eligibility criteria the student must meet in order to be accepted for a PTML. In addition to this students must be studying one the acceptable courses listed in the section below.

Students must be studying one of the following part time courses in order to be eligible to apply for a PTML:

Bachelor Degree (with or without Honours)

Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)

Integrated Masters Degree

Graduate Diploma

Graduate Certificate

Professional Graduate Certificate in Education

Foundation Degree in Dental Health/Dental Therapy

Diploma of Higher Education in Dental Health/Dental Therapy or Operating Department Practice

A students entitlement will be determined by 3 things:

Where they are living/studying

Household income

Intensity of study

Applications for Part time applications will launch around June , please check our website nearer to the time for further information.

Thanks

Louise
Thank you for your reply. I can get part time finance even though I will have an HNC?So just to confirm when I apply i will only need to apply for the amount to make up which my employer has paid. How does my employer go about paying would it be direct through the university? If they pay the first year and a half. Does this mean I woukd only apply for half of year 2 and then a full years fees for year 3?With regards to maintenance, we live in the south west and I will be studying building services engineering bac at UWE. Our household income will be 50,000 and I think the intensity is definitely over 75% does this mean I woukd qualify?Mnay thanks
Thank you for your reply. I can get part time finance even though I will have an HNC?So just to confirm when I apply i will only need to apply for the amount to make up which my employer has paid. How does my employer go about paying would it be direct through the university? If they pay the first year and a half. Does this mean I woukd only apply for half of year 2 and then a full years fees for year 3?With regards to maintenance, we live in the south west and I will be studying building services engineering bac at UWE. Our household income will be 50,000 and I think the intensity is definitely over 75% does this mean I woukd qualify?Mnay thanks
Original post by Gunslingermonk

Hi Gunslingermonk,

The university would advise how they would wish the remaining tuition fees to be paid.
If order to qualify for Part time Maintenance Loan intensity of the course would have to be at least 25% . Depending on the course intensity ,household income and where you will be living while study will determine that amount of Part Time Maintenance Loan .

Further information will be available nearer to Part Time Application launch in June.

Thanks
Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending