The Student Room Group

Selling a Kidney to afford medical school

Scroll to see replies

start a gofundme
Original post by cupcakekitty21
it's the only thing I want most in life.

If u want it that bad and there is no other way then do what you gotta do.. just make it worth it..
Ironic.
Steps to achieving your goal:

1) Look for rich people who need a kidney
2) Ask them, "hey, i'm selling mine! Wanna buy it"
3) Get the $262,000
4) Get the surgery done
5) Become a doctor
6) Become the best doctor
7) Earn enough to make $262,000
8) Buy yourself a kidney

WIN WIN situation!
This is actually so sad to hear :frown: But take out a loan or earn some money first and is medical school that important ?Maybe find something else you'd want to do :smile: Anyways best of luck with whatever you do :smile:
Original post by the bear
in 15 years time ( assuming your remaining kidney is still limping along ) you will be advising patients on how to look after their health. selling a kidney is not going to give the right message.

I've never had a doctor inform me on the status of their kidney while advising me about my health lol
Reply 106
okayyy I do NOT think your kidney will sell for that much lol, please keep your kidney x
Reply 107
I showed this to my father and hes agreed to possibly pay the fees after hes got to know you. PM me for priviate details.
Reply 108
Original post by cupcakekitty21
I know, this sounds insane. But being an international student and not having EU privileges, medical school will cost me in total $252,000, whereas an EU student would have to pay $82,000. EU students get to take out a loan locally, whereas I don't.

I have no other options, because back home we only have one small medical school that takes about 300 students a year, and they have to be a certain age. This school here is my only choice.

I cannot take out a loan that big either. My only options are to win the lottery, have someone extremely rich and kind to sponsor me, or more realistically sell a kidney for $262,000. Am I insane? should I consider this as a serious option?

You can study medicine in Malaysia, Belarus, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc. for a heck of a lot less money. Where are you getting your figures from?
Original post by RZZR
I showed this to my father and hes agreed to possibly pay the fees after hes got to know you. PM me for priviate details.

If your dad is that generous with his money could I ask him for a small loan of £36,000?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending