mattyprime
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone. I originally applied for BA illustration at Ual Camberwell. But I’ve been offered an FDA illustration course instead for two years but I need to pass my level 3 art and design, but the thing is it says that FDA students can get into the BA course for one year. I’m wondering if this is a good thing to still go for, and have anyone else have been offered this and what’s there opinions on it.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mattyprime)
Hey everyone. I originally applied for BA illustration at Ual Camberwell. But I’ve been offered an FDA illustration course instead for two years but I need to pass my level 3 art and design, but the thing is it says that FDA students can get into the BA course for one year. I’m wondering if this is a good thing to still go for, and have anyone else have been offered this and what’s there opinions on it.
What difference will the extra year make?
kscarls
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got into ba illustration at camberwell. I just need to pass my course which is a level 3 extended diploma! Have you got the extended bit on your course or??
HanniC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, the same thing happened to me, i was so confused think but i think i’m gonna go for it. It appears to be similar to the BA Illustration but you have a more of an introduction to the subject with the foundation years which are still valuable but you can stay an extra year to do the full degree
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HanniC)
hi, the same thing happened to me, i was so confused think but i think i’m gonna go for it. It appears to be similar to the BA Illustration but you have a more of an introduction to the subject with the foundation years which are still valuable but you can stay an extra year to do the full degree
A foundation degree isn’t a foundation year. It’s just the first two years of a degree. It’s very likely that you will have the exact same teaching and modules as people on the BA.
mattyprime
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
What difference will the extra year make?
like if I fully complete the foundation course and go and do the BA course for one year I can still get the BA which I wanted in the first place.
mattyprime
Rep:
?
(Original post by kscarls)
I got into ba illustration at camberwell. I just need to pass my course which is a level 3 extended diploma! Have you got the extended bit on your course or??
I think so I’m on my second year of my level 3
mattyprime
Rep:
?
The thing though guys I’ve been in college since level 1 art and design so around 4 years and when I got this I felt like why I need to do an foundation course again.
mattyprime
Rep:
?
(Original post by HanniC)
I was confused to on why I got it but I talked to people such as my teacher and friends and I got a more understanding of it and I felt like I should do it more, the way that my teacher explained it to me still felt like it was a good option to go for, and yeah when I looked at the foundation course it feels similar to when I went for the camberwell opening day for the BA illustration and how they explain the course worked.
mattyprime
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
A foundation degree isn’t a foundation year. It’s just the first two years of a degree. It’s very likely that you will have the exact same teaching and modules as people on the BA.
True it will probably be very similar just like the BA course
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mattyprime)
like if I fully complete the foundation course and go and do the BA course for one year I can still get the BA which I wanted in the first place.
If you complete the ba course with or without the foundation year you’ll still get the ba degree.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you complete the ba course with or without the foundation year you’ll still get the ba degree.
A foundation degree is NOT a degree with a foundation year. It’s equivalent to 2 years of a degree or an HND. FdA graduates can normally take a one year top up to get a BA. But they can also often switch from a FdA to a BA during their 2 years on the course.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
A foundation degree is NOT a degree with a foundation year. It’s equivalent to 2 years of a degree or an HND. FdA graduates can normally take a one year top up to get a BA. But they can also often switch from a FdA to a BA during their 2 years on the course.
Right I read your previous advice but I’m talking about a foundation year not a degree Hun. Two different things. Either way the advice still stands. The OP has to complete the ba aspects of the course.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Right I read your previous advice but I’m talking about a foundation year not a degree Hun. Two different things. Either way the advice still stands. The OP has to complete the ba aspects of the course.
UAL don’t offer degrees with a foundation year - only FdAs (and foundation diploma).

The OP seems to misunderstand what the course they’ve been offered involves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?