The Student Room Group

Physics Flop

I'm doing Triple Science Physics and on last mock, I got 23 out of 100 which was a disaster (my teacher said that the paper was extremely harsh). However, I didn't have enough time to revise all of the topics but I memorised all of the necessary equations. Guys, I don't really know what to do and how can I improve such bad score. Any advice from physics smarties out there?
Reply 1
Are there any topics you especially struggle with ? For those, try using youtube videos? freesciencelessons, primrose kitten and science with hazel can all be good - there are lots out there!

Apart from that I'd recommend as much practice as possible. Get used to answerin questions on varied topics, and read the markschemes thoroughly so that you know what they're looking for exactly. You will improve I promise! My favourite site for questions (because it teaches you simultaneously) is seneca - https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/fe56ca00-05aa-11e8-9a61-01927559cfd5/section/3f1de4a0-05c5-11e8-9c7d-03428b3770b9 - worth a try as it's free and has helped me loads :smile:
Original post by MimiElf
Are there any topics you especially struggle with ? For those, try using youtube videos? freesciencelessons, primrose kitten and science with hazel can all be good - there are lots out there!

Apart from that I'd recommend as much practice as possible. Get used to answerin questions on varied topics, and read the markschemes thoroughly so that you know what they're looking for exactly. You will improve I promise! My favourite site for questions (because it teaches you simultaneously) is seneca - https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/fe56ca00-05aa-11e8-9a61-01927559cfd5/section/3f1de4a0-05c5-11e8-9c7d-03428b3770b9 - worth a try as it's free and has helped me loads :smile:

Revise the stuff that always comes up, such as:
- Newton’s laws of motion
- The trolley experiment
- Electromagnetic bells
- Life Cycle of stars
- Ultrasound
- Current/p.d/resistance behaviour in series and parallel
- Safety around radioactive substances
- Masses, charges and behaviour of alpha, beta and gamma
- Specific heat capacity
- Energy calculations

Good luck