Was I being disrespectful? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I was on the phone last night with my sister and my mom... my mom decided to start saying how she wasn’t to se her grandchild and she will do whatever it take even if she has to pay someone to shot mmm(my baby’s father) in the head... so I instantly get mad .. I go how could you say that. N she goes oh so what get over it.. n I am really mad at this point ... and I said why would you say ur going to do that he is still the father of ur grandchild and she goes so I don’t like him she will forget him and you can find her a new dad ... so we are arguing and then she tried to say well I didn’t say any names so how do you know I was talking about him... well going back to the she will forget him n u can find her a new dad confirmed who she was talkin about... so she asks me why I’m so upset cus just the other day I couldn’t stand him.. granted the other day I was mad at him but that does not matter i still love him at the end of the day and we are together and he is the father to my child... so I start telling her she’s unhappy with her own life so she wants everyone else to be unhappy and she starts talking about my child asking me things like well you live in a studio apartment(this is only temporary we are moving in to a house soon) with a baby what does she have over there nothing I bet .. when in all reality my child had everything she needs and then some... she is well taken care of and loved unconditionally and she is happy.. so I got even madder at this point cus I felt like she was tryin to be funny and question me as a mother... then she starts saying I’m disrespectful and she didn’t do anything wrong to deserve the disrespect.. now my question is was I wrong for I guess being disrespectful to her after what she said.?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I was on the phone last night with my sister and my mom... my mom decided to start saying how she wasn’t to se her grandchild and she will do whatever it take even if she has to pay someone to shot mmm(my baby’s father) in the head... so I instantly get mad .. I go how could you say that. N she goes oh so what get over it.. n I am really mad at this point ... and I said why would you say ur going to do that he is still the father of ur grandchild and she goes so I don’t like him she will forget him and you can find her a new dad ... so we are arguing and then she tried to say well I didn’t say any names so how do you know I was talking about him... well going back to the she will forget him n u can find her a new dad confirmed who she was talkin about... so she asks me why I’m so upset cus just the other day I couldn’t stand him.. granted the other day I was mad at him but that does not matter i still love him at the end of the day and we are together and he is the father to my child... so I start telling her she’s unhappy with her own life so she wants everyone else to be unhappy and she starts talking about my child asking me things like well you live in a studio apartment(this is only temporary we are moving in to a house soon) with a baby what does she have over there nothing I bet .. when in all reality my child had everything she needs and then some... she is well taken care of and loved unconditionally and she is happy.. so I got even madder at this point cus I felt like she was tryin to be funny and question me as a mother... then she starts saying I’m disrespectful and she didn’t do anything wrong to deserve the disrespect.. now my question is was I wrong for I guess being disrespectful to her after what she said.?

You both created a cripple fight.
Take a breal from each other and calm down.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You both created a cripple fight.
Take a breal from each other and calm down.
I get that which I did I just hung up before it got worse .. but I don’t see how she thinks she wasn’t being disrespectful..
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just forget about it and move on as regardless she is still your mother She might have just made that comment because she seen you upset the other day and the way you care for your kid, she cares for you My advice to you is that, it seems that she seen you upset or you talked to her about your husband during the day when you were upset so she feels the need to protect you. Be careful about what you tell about your partner to others even family because you will forgive him and forget it but they will never forget it and whenever they will see him they will remember what he done and how he made you feel
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel like you over reacted and your mother was just venting her frustration in the form of humour. Yes she might not like your boyfriend/husband/father of your baby but obviously she wouldn’t shoot him in the head...It was a joke made to express the fact she dislikes him. I don’t see why that got you so mad, your mum was just being honest with you, her daughter, that’s what mums do.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
I get that which I did I just hung up before it got worse .. but I don’t see how she thinks she wasn’t being disrespectful..
Not worth figuring out. I could write an essay on it, but honestly it is in the past just leave it and move on. Save your energy. neither of you did great hence= cripple fight. Its your mum and she wont back down.
DerivativeName
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seems like you’re both having a really hard time. Remember that she just wants to see her grandchild which is totally understandable, and so although her reaction was wrong, she probably didn’t mean it in such a way.

I don’t know your situation but I’d try to just make up. Support networks are so important in a bad time, and she probably just wants to help and protect you. She’s not being mean just trying to protect you, like a mother always does, even when we don’t want them to. Obviously what you do about your partner is your choice, and she needs to learn to respect that whatever her opinion of him. But hopefully if you can understand her and she can respect you, you will be able to support each other, which is what you both need.
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DerivativeName)
Seems like you’re both having a really hard time. Remember that she just wants to see her grandchild which is totally understandable, and so although her reaction was wrong, she probably didn’t mean it in such a way.

I don’t know your situation but I’d try to just make up. Support networks are so important in a bad time, and she probably just wants to help and protect you. She’s not being mean just trying to protect you, like a mother always does, even when we don’t want them to. Obviously what you do about your partner is your choice, and she needs to learn to respect that whatever her opinion of him. But hopefully if you can understand her and she can respect you, you will be able to support each other, which is what you both need.
My mom doesn’t understand anything about anything if it’s not about her and what she wants and how she wants and and when she wants it she don’t understand this is why we don’t get along..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads