Claudia29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
Is it true that if you are retaking an exam, you get capped 40% because the questions will be very similar or just worded differently?
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is this any exam in the world or a specific one ?
Claudia29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
is this any exam in the world or a specific one ?
I wasn’t at uni for my January exam, so I get to retake it in May, just an exam for one of my modules. I’ve heard that they will use the questions from the jan paper but alter them. I would like to know if that’s true
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Claudia29)
I wasn’t at uni for my January exam, so I get to retake it in May, just an exam for one of my modules. I’ve heard that they will use the questions from the jan paper but alter them. I would like to know if that’s true
how come u didn't show up first time
Travisty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think this can depend on the university. Did you just skip it in January, or have some sort of mitigating circumstance? If the former then I have heard that many unis cap at 40%. This is fair as you get months more time to revise and friends who could tell the questions to you.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Claudia29)
University resits are usually capped at 40% - there's no particular reason for it apart from to teach students to turn up for their exams at the first sitting.

Afaict university exams vary from year to year less than public exams like A levels do - so if you can get any past papers to practice on that'd probably be a really good thing to do.
Claudia29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joinedup)
University resits are usually capped at 40% - there's no particular reason for it apart from to teach students to turn up for their exams at the first sitting.

Afaict university exams vary from year to year less than public exams like A levels do - so if you can get any past papers to practice on that'd probably be a really good thing to do.
Yess and that’s fine that it’s getting capped, what I wanted to know was whether I will get similar questions on similar topics to the paper from January, because I’ve heard that’s why they are capped 40% due to being given differently worded questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.81%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (32)
14.88%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.98%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.53%

Watched Threads