What is the point in living if we will all die? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't see the point in being happy if it won't last long. I just don't get why people are obsessed with celebs because they are humans to and will die soon like everyone else.
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To reproduce. By passing down your genes, you are surviving, in a way.
ocean222
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wouldnt you want to live your life to the fullest?
isaidsteamedhams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
becoming the best possible version of yourself and being kind to people and taking wild and bold risks that scare you and may pay off some of the time and leaving a lasting legacy for your great grandchildren so they can say that one of their ancestors in the early 21st C was undeniably a bad ass mother.****er and did something brilliant or was just a half decent human being who decided the point of being alive was to party as much as possible until the lights go out and just to be kind to other humans
hello.donut
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, you only live once and we don’t know for sure what comes after ‘the long beep’. So why would not you enjoy those few years you have got at your disposal? Do whatever the heck you feel is good as long as you don’t bother other people and enrich the society of course
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
To know and love god. To make the most of life through the provisions, blessings and talents he has given me. To return back to him, with him being pleased with me and me being pleased with him.
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is deep. Cos we're too scared to die and we think we can have decent lives and make something of ourselves. The bad news is that nothing lives forever the good news is nothing lasts forever. Why would you want to live forever life would be dull asf
username1550751
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look at it this way. You have no "purpose" to life. You're going to grow old eventually, die and fade into nothing. You have no great divine task to accomplish, no boxes to tick and no overlord to appease before you're allowed to rest peacefully.

So do whatever you want.

Do whatever makes you happy. Follow a career path which you truly enjoy no matter what anyone says. Got that you're excited to be at, even if others don't like it, or don't go to uni if you don't think it's what is best for you. Find a hobby that are passionate for. Spend time with people you care about, and let them know you love them. Do something you were scared of doing but you really wanted to do. Go places you wanted to go. Tell that person how you feel about then.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you're having an emo phase
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
This is deep. Cos we're too scared to die and we think we can have decent lives and make something of ourselves. The bad news is that nothing lives forever the good news is nothing lasts forever. Why would you want to live forever life would be dull asf
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't see the point in being happy if it won't last long. I just don't get why people are obsessed with celebs because they are humans to and will die soon like everyone else.
What's the point of watching a film if you know it's gonna end?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for all the responses
benjaminx6969
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ey chin up m8, make the most of what you got
username2337287
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your life is irrelevant if you have not changed or touched the world with your influence, otherwise one must question what have you done to progress humanity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.62%
No, but I have thought about it (54)
27.69%
No (93)
47.69%

Watched Threads