Supreme18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m doing my bronze practice expedition this weekend and I don’t want to do it at all. I haven’t done my skill/sport/volunteering stuff. Almost everyone in my group annoys me and so does our school DofE leader. I honestly thought this would be a fun experience, but the leader has organised everything so badly. I don’t have any kit. I still don’t understand how the weekend will work. We haven’t been told anything. I originally wanted to do DofE for a good resume, but it won’t come useful in the career I want to persue anyway so what’s the point. Everyone has DofE on it anyway. (83 out of the 104 people in my year are doing it)So my question is - when is it too late to drop out? Is it too late already? I don’t want to go to this weekend’s expedition, and then there’s another one in a month?! No thanks. Anybody know?
louvain1473
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think it too late to drop out. If you really aren't enjoying it just say. The leaders will understand if it's not your sort of thing. I did my Bronze practice expedition a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it and I am doing the real thing in summer. If you really don't want to do it just tell them. If you are unsure whether to drop out or not why not do the practice and see what it's like then decide if you want to carry on and do the real thing. Hope this help 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.71%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (27)
28.13%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.21%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads