Unmotivated but ready

Watch
raphaelnash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(GCSEs)
Basically I'm having a VERY weird dilemma.
Since February I have been doing bits and pieces of revision, where I had two weeks at least where I did CHAOTIC revision. Really solid work for long times.
I took a break over Easter, but since then I haven't been able to get back to revising solidly. I know exactly why I'm unmotivated, and that's because I'm extremely tired every day. I'm having a horrible growth spurt, and I can't bring myself to revise. But that's not necessarily a problem. I mentioned I'd been doing tonnes of revision before hand, which means:

I reckon in these exams I could get a grade 8-9 if I took them tomorrow:
- AQA Mathematics
- AQA French (I'm half French and I started talking to my mum in French a while ago, but I'm still not AMAZING)
- Edexcel History - Medicine Through Time and USA at Home and Abroad
- AQA Combined Science
- Edexcel Computer Science (Theory and Application)

I reckon I could get a grade 6-7 in these without revising anymore:
- OCR short-course RS.
- AQA English Language
- Edexcel History - The Cold War (Superpower relations)

But I'd be screwed in these:
- Edexcel Music
- AQA English Literature
- Edexcel History: Anglo-Saxon England/Norman Invasion/Norman Britain

I'm completely aware that I'm over stressing and overthinking, but this is awful. I'm tired all the time now and I can't bring myself to revise. I've set the goal to do 4 full topics every day (so like an hour or so per topic, maybe longer), but I feel like I'm not stressing enough now. I feel confident in every subject that I'm taking at A-Level, which is fantastic, but I really want to have amazing GCSEs (7-9 across the board) to feel extremely satisfied with myself in August.

I used to be the bloody king of revision and now it's all slipped away. How do I motivate myself again?

Iwannabesmart
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you do much exercise? I find going for a run in the morning helps to clear my head and gets me motivated for the day.
raphaelnash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Iwannabesmart)
Do you do much exercise? I find going for a run in the morning helps to clear my head and gets me motivated for the day.
I actually don't do a lot of exercise. If you think that helps I might wake up at 6 and go for a run.
Iwannabesmart
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by raphaelnash)
I actually don't do a lot of exercise. If you think that helps I might wake up at 6 and go for a run.
That's exactly what I do It may not work for everyone, but if you are struggling to get motivated you might as well give it a try.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
29.23%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (4)
6.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
32.31%

Watched Threads