The Student Room Group

EPQ

How do I start my conclusion with just "In conclusion"
Original post by A.Montgomery
How do I start my conclusion with just "In conclusion"

Do you mean what alternatives are there to “in conclusion”?
Original post by carrotstar
Do you mean what alternatives are there to “in conclusion”?

as in the structure for how to write it haha
Original post by A.Montgomery
as in the structure for how to write it haha

Your conclusion can be as long or short as you like.

So if you’re starting the conclusion with “in conclusion,” or “to conclude,”, try to use your first sentence to address the title.

When I did my EPQ I was encouraged to make my title a question so the conclusion was literally an answer.

If you have too complex information to cover in one sentence, say something like “To conclude, there were many reasons why blah blah blah...” then use your next few sentences to explain.

It’s really hard to answer your question without some context!

I guess the aim of the conclusion is that alongside the title, the conclusion needs to summarise the most important aspects of your project so try to keep it simple. If someone simply asked you face to face what you found out, the conclusion would be your answer.

Sorry if that’s a bit vague but I hope that helps!
Original post by carrotstar
Your conclusion can be as long or short as you like.

So if you’re starting the conclusion with “in conclusion,” or “to conclude,”, try to use your first sentence to address the title.

When I did my EPQ I was encouraged to make my title a question so the conclusion was literally an answer.

If you have too complex information to cover in one sentence, say something like “To conclude, there were many reasons why blah blah blah...” then use your next few sentences to explain.

It’s really hard to answer your question without some context!

I guess the aim of the conclusion is that alongside the title, the conclusion needs to summarise the most important aspects of your project so try to keep it simple. If someone simply asked you face to face what you found out, the conclusion would be your answer.

Sorry if that’s a bit vague but I hope that helps!

That helped me a lot actually! thank you! I'm just glad I'm nearly finished my report haha

Quick Reply

Latest