M00ND4NC3R
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The title says it all really.

It's gotten to the point where the exams are so close yet i cant find the will or motivation to revise and when i do sit down and revise i cant concentrate at all and i feel like things aren't going in...
It's stressing me out beyond belief because i really dont want to fail these exams, though i am beginning to lose hope... I'm predicted a B for AS Bio and I'm currently working at an D/E... a B seems impossible....
Anyone have any tips, advice or want to be my personal bio tutor???
Thanks...
year 11 revise
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hang in there it will all pay off
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
yeh biology as level is a pain in the ass XD
liv7535
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
DM with any bio questions, I can help
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Also happy to help with any questions-have two biology degrees and have been an A-level tutor for Biology for the past 3 years
M00ND4NC3R
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by QuentinM)
Also happy to help with any questions-have two biology degrees and have been an A-level tutor for Biology for the past 3 years
There's just so many topics within bio that i dont even understand. My teacher at college is rubbish and goes wayyy too quickly to be able to help anyone and spends lessons doing pointless tasks. Needless to say a month before our exams we are well over a month behind schedule...
peanotto
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
The title says it all really.

It's gotten to the point where the exams are so close yet i cant find the will or motivation to revise and when i do sit down and revise i cant concentrate at all and i feel like things aren't going in...
It's stressing me out beyond belief because i really dont want to fail these exams, though i am beginning to lose hope... I'm predicted a B for AS Bio and I'm currently working at an D/E... a B seems impossible....
Anyone have any tips, advice or want to be my personal bio tutor???
Thanks...
First of all, are the exams important to you? If yes, proceed:

Here is a fact im going to give you. You may have good intentions. In fact, excellent intentions. Maybe you want to get A's across all your subjects. You have a good vision. You may have a huge inner desire, a big goal which is to ace these exams. And that intention and hunger fuels you. But when it comes down to the work, you put it off. You cant really be bothered. But as long as the intention is there, you're right? Right?

Meanwhile, there may be another student just like you, but he just has the intentions of maybe just passing with C's. He doesnt dream about it. He doesnt focus on how motivated he is or how willing he is. He just does it. Every single day. He makes a plan each day, and gets the work done. He doesnt think about anything else, hes like a machine. Constantly grinding and taking action. While you're there in your bedroom wishing you could do something.

Then when results day comes, even though you may have had greater intentions, that other student would come out exceeding his expectations, getting the best marks possible. While you had an amazing vision, nothing came out of it. All because he took action and you didn't. Its simply common sense.

The moral of the story is, what is intention without action? Nothing. Intention means NOTHING compared to the outcomes of actions. Actual, physical actions in reality are what causes things. You do nothing, you get nothing. You stare at a wall, dreaming, life will give you NOTHING. But if you take action, even a tiny action, it will still always have a bigger impact than dreaming and wishing of what to come. "Don't even use the word commit. Don't event think about the word discipline. Just do the thing every single day whether you feel like it or not. Your only commitment is to the activity. Not to the grand scheme, not to the big picture. Your life is a composite of all the habits you developed. Habits are the building blocks of our lives. Not the goals, or the grand schemes, or the vision, or the big idea. It's what you do every single day that matters more than anything."

Why do you think that wise philosopher Aristotle said "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore not an act, but a habit"

Ignore your feelings and motivation. Just sit down and work. Soon you will find results.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing as bio too 😭 and I literally just failed my mock and there's too much content that makes me hella bored
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads