Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people think it's 'cool' to not fight climate change? watch

I heard people literally saying things similar to this at school. For example, when someone got a question on whether he would fight climate change or not, he was proud in saying he wasn't, and will not.

I know it may be false, but it just puts fighting climate change into an idea to be ridiculed.

I cringe because i know they are 'trying to fit in' and 'trying to act cool'.

Spoiler:
    Show

I haven't slept for a while. I might delete this post i too find it ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    He’s just trying to be edgy, nothing special.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he heard from his grandad that 40 years ago the world was heading for another Ice Age

ReputationRep:
    If you read the emails that were 'outed' a couple of years ago - with the 'self declared' "climatologists" whinging about how would they think up a scam to get another study grant to keep their grad students employed, you would realise that it's all a 'wealth transfer' scam. Nobody, and i mean nobody has solid measured data to support these theories. If it's all 'human made' climate change, how come the icecaps on Mars are melting seasonally too. Could the sun have something to do with it???? Betcha!!! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    because who the fck cares? I'm gonna be dead long time before global warming kills me...so...why bother?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I heard people literally saying things similar to this at school. For example, when someone got a question on whether he would fight climate change or not, he was proud in saying he wasn't, and will not.

I know it may be false, but it just puts fighting climate change into an idea to be ridiculed.

I cringe because i know they are 'trying to fit in' and 'trying to act cool'.

Spoiler:
    Show

I haven't slept for a while. I might delete this post i too find it ridiculous

People literally said similar things? What literally similar things did they literally say?

Spoiler:
    Show

Sorry I'm feeling petty I had to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HorribleDude)
    because who the fck cares? I'm gonna be dead long time before global warming kills me...so...why bother?
    Because otherwise youre creating problems for future generations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Because otherwise youre creating problems for future generations?
    and I give a fck about future generations....because?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.