Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE religious studies 8062 Paper 1 + 2 14th and 16th May [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys revising for GCSE 9-1 RE? kinda need help and its on the first day of exams

ReputationRep:
    hey!

que cards really help with me
    especially with quotes

ReputationRep:
    https://quizlet.com/join/y558jvuCD
    (Quotes are essetial) but don't spend too long learning them while you could be revising for other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beartherabbit)
    hey!

que cards really help with me
    especially with quotes
    ok thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thrifty_reviser)
    https://quizlet.com/join/y558jvuCD
    (Quotes are essetial) but don't spend too long learning them while you could be revising for other subjects.
    How many quotes should i do for each topic? cos i dont want to do a lot then not too little as well so i can use them in the 12 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.chowdhury2)
    How many quotes should i do for each topic? cos i dont want to do a lot then not too little as well so i can use them in the 12 marks
    At least 2 for each topic but 1 is the bare minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thrifty_reviser)
    At least 2 for each topic but 1 is the bare minimum.
    k thank u x

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing AQA RE and I have got 100% in almost all of my RE assessments and I don’t quote from the bible. My evidence isn’t quotations, the only time I use quotes is when discussing Ten Commandments, Lord’s Prayer, beatitudes etc.. Personally, I find RE extremely easy. I go to a catholic school where religion is still prominent so that may have helped. Anyway, when answering 12 markers I stick to simplistic pieces of evidence so that I make no mistakes. References like the Lord’s Prayer, beatitudes, 10 commandments, parable of sheep and goats, rich man and Lazarus, crucifixion, resurrection and Genesis are all versatile pieces of evidence because they can basically be used for every single Christianity topic for all 12 mark and 5 mark questions. In my mock paper, I had 4 12 markers in it and for 3 I used the beatitudes as my evidence for one of my points. Also a key tip, the examiner will only mark one question. This means one examiner may mark all question 1’s while another will mark question 2’s so if you literally repeat yourself the examiner will not know
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    In my school we do judaism and christianity. Jewish holy book is the torah and the torah is the old testament for the christian bible. So for us it's an advantage because we can learn one teaching and use it for both our religions. But learn the sacraments of christianity and the synagogue internal features and beliefs on afterlife if you do judaism! Good luck on the 14th May guys!

Keep those nerves locked up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Hate_School)
    I’m doing AQA RE and I have got 100% in almost all of my RE assessments and I don’t quote from the bible. My evidence isn’t quotations, the only time I use quotes is when discussing Ten Commandments, Lord’s Prayer, beatitudes etc.. Personally, I find RE extremely easy. I go to a catholic school where religion is still prominent so that may have helped. Anyway, when answering 12 markers I stick to simplistic pieces of evidence so that I make no mistakes. References like the Lord’s Prayer, beatitudes, 10 commandments, parable of sheep and goats, rich man and Lazarus, crucifixion, resurrection and Genesis are all versatile pieces of evidence because they can basically be used for every single Christianity topic for all 12 mark and 5 mark questions. In my mock paper, I had 4 12 markers in it and for 3 I used the beatitudes as my evidence for one of my points. Also a key tip, the examiner will only mark one question. This means one examiner may mark all question 1’s while another will mark question 2’s so if you literally repeat yourself the examiner will not know

oh thats kl thank u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadilySalted)
    In my school we do judaism and christianity. Jewish holy book is the torah and the torah is the old testament for the christian bible. So for us it's an advantage because we can learn one teaching and use it for both our religions. But learn the sacraments of christianity and the synagogue internal features and beliefs on afterlife if you do judaism! Good luck on the 14th May guys!

Keep those nerves locked up!!
    our skl is doing Christianity and Islam
    But thank u will do x

ReputationRep:
    firstly i do islam and christianity. and if you do not remember a quote you can say according to .... the name of your local imam or religious leader and you get the mark btw this was told by a examiner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajerox123)
    firstly i do islam and christianity. and if you do not remember a quote you can say according to .... the name of your local imam or religious leader and you get the mark btw this was told by a examiner
    oh thats calm den wow x thanks x
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hey guys

Nice exam thread, i have added it to the big directory of exam discussion which you can find here

Feel free to have a look round it and join in on the discussion on the other subjects you are taking. If you cant find a paper that you are taking, feel free to make a new exam thread and link me in, and I will get it up!

Hope revision is going okay :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Homer)
    Hey guys

Nice exam thread, i have added it to the big directory of exam discussion which you can find here

Feel free to have a look round it and join in on the discussion on the other subjects you are taking. If you cant find a paper that you are taking, feel free to make a new exam thread and link me in, and I will get it up!

Hope revision is going okay :groovy:
    oh kl thx

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Islam and Christianity with the AQA Exam board and everything is going well!
    I can't wait to smash that exam!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hey guys,

We have some really good resources up for GCSE Religious studies that you could check out -> here

How is everyone feeling for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Homer)
    Hey guys,

We have some really good resources up for GCSE Religious studies that you could check out -> here

How is everyone feeling for the exam?
    The link doesn't work for me, any ways to fix it?

ReputationRep:
    I found a good school youtube channel which talks about the GCSE AQA Religious Studies really well.
    This is only for Islam and Christianity have a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQe8...Y2dK-kOebzyZDm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.chowdhury2)
    How are you guys revising for GCSE 9-1 RE? kinda need help and its on the first day of exams
    Same here what do you think we should revise- will be doing last minute cramming

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.