The Student Room Group

Help gcses rpjnd the corner

Hi all, I’m currently in year 11 studying English Lang, English lit, maths, history, science (double), graphics, resistant materials and media.
I’m so obsessed with doing well in English language (AQA) and revise the most for it. In my first set of mocks I got a grade 6 which I happy with considering I was in Y10. Year 11 second set I got a 5 which I was so upset with and wanted to cry; even if it sound pathetic. But the most recent ones (February) I got a grade 8 and was over the moon. But I can’t accept it as doing good as my grade vary, when I took the mock I got a 5 in I knew I didn’t do that well so it kinda justifies this but still. Has anyone got any advice to reassure myself and tips on how to revise English language AQA?
Many thanks :smile:
I’m struggling with English language what resources do you recommend for revision also I’m struggling with my timing in terms of I never have enough time to answer question 5. Also one last question how do you answer question 4 and 2 for both papers
Reply 2
Original post by originalbeauty
I’m struggling with English language what resources do you recommend for revision also I’m struggling with my timing in terms of I never have enough time to answer question 5. Also one last question how do you answer question 4 and 2 for both papers

Hiya, what do you struggle with? Etc language techniques, spag? You need to make sure you have enough time for Q5 As it’s worth basically 1 whole paper 40+40=80 80/160. It’s hard to pin point what to write about in q4 and 2 but I can email you sample of my work where I got 8/8 and 14/16
So for question 4 I don’t know how many paragraphs I should write and and what I should include other than language technique because I keep on getting like 9 marks.for question 2 I don’t whether to analyse my quotes in detail and how my paragraphs I should write
Reply 4
Original post by originalbeauty
So for question 4 I don’t know how many paragraphs I should write and and what I should include other than language technique because I keep on getting like 9 marks.for question 2 I don’t whether to analyse my quotes in detail and how my paragraphs I should write

Which question 4 are you taking about? P1 or P2? And for question 2 (guessing language question) talk about the quote and what it suggests: e.g: “the ship shook, the monstrous metallic burp” suggest a dark and Erie atmosphere creating a sense of discomfort for the reader as the ship is slowly engulfing all that dares to walk on it. The writer has personified the ship as a metaphorical creature which creates a image of the ship being beaten and torn up by the ocean. Not very good just a quick example.

I suggest you write 3 paragraphs on any language feature you can spot, metaphor, sentences, personification
For question 4 paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest