The Student Room Group

Teenager makes fun of the black community in promposal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by physicseastldn
Tell me who did and I'll keep quiet.

Why didn't you click on the other 20+ threads?

Who forced you?

No one did, I wanted to attempt to make you see that you shouldn't take things so seriously and that you shouldn't be so sensitive.
Original post by Joep95
Is ruining an 18 year olds life really the right response for them saying/doing something stupid?

A Western Carolina University researcher explains the concept disparagement humor, which is a paradoxical that communicates two conflicting messages.

One is an explicit hostile or a prejudice message, which is coupled with an implicit message that 'it doesn't count as hostility or prejudice because I didn't mean it it's just a joke.'

However, experts found that this type of humor causes individuals to discriminate towards targeted groups.

It is also a way for people to disguise their true beliefs and attitudes in fear of being criticized.

This kind of humor should not be downplayed. He deserves everything he's getting. He's a racist after all.
Reply 42
Agreed. Bye physics!
Racism is never a joke and it is perfectly reasonable. He never had a scholarship for college. All I know is that he was accepted into NYU a few weeks back. I'm the kid with the £70k scholarship.

Ok. You really must be a troll, or completely mental, to think that its reasonable for someone to be rejected from a university based on a joke

Its not a great and its in poor taste but to think that's a reasonable position is completely bonkers. For you to think that he shouldn't go to uni (which could ruin the guys life) over a stupid "promposal" (whatever the f*ck that is) from when he was 18 is just ridiculous
Original post by Yakib
No one did, I wanted to attempt to make you see that you shouldn't take things so seriously and that you shouldn't be so sensitive.

Racist, sexist, homophobic or even "blonde" humor is disgusting.
It is learnt behaviour.

"Academics at the University of Strathclyde have dispelled the myth that people are drawn to those who find the same things funny. Instead, it seems we develop the same sense of humor as our friends when we're younger, and this could help make friendships last. In the first study of its kind, more than 1,200 boys and girls aged between 11 and 13 in the Midlands were asked which classmates they were closest to. They also answered a series of questions designed to categorise their sense of humor into one of four types. Affiliative humor involves telling jokes with broad appeal and is thought to bring people together. By contrast, aggressive humor involves teasing others. This may be a popular strategy initially but could be isolating over time. Those who favor self-defeating humor put themselves down to raise a laugh, while fans of self-enhancing humor also poke fun at themselves but in a good-natured way. The process was repeated six months later and the answers given by pupils whose friendships had stood the test of time were analysed. This revealed that, initially, best friends did not find the same things funny. However, if one liked affiliative humor, the other grew to enjoy it."

This is why I'd personally say his friend, Isabella, while not caught doing it, deserves some punishment for sharing it with "love eyes".
Reply 45
A Western Carolina University researcher explains the concept disparagement humor, which is a paradoxical that communicates two conflicting messages.

One is an explicit hostile or a prejudice message, which is coupled with an implicit message that 'it doesn't count as hostility or prejudice because I didn't mean it it's just a joke.'

However, experts found that this type of humor causes individuals to discriminate towards targeted groups.

It is also a way for people to disguise their true beliefs and attitudes in fear of being criticized.

This kind of humor should not be downplayed. He deserves everything he's getting. He's a racist after all.

So you believe your reaction is justified ok, I think you are being ridiculous and I think you should have a look at yourself if you think this is a proportionate reaction.

If your reaction to a teenager doing something stupid is let’s ruin his life then you are not a decent human being yourself.
Looking for that invitation which asked you to stay on this thread.
I'm 16 and I'm doing quite well.
It's just some black humor, funny to some people and offensive to others, Jesus Christ it's not the end of the world, if you guys saw some of the comedy films coming out of the Scandinavian countries you would be flipping your tables.

It's humor it's a matter of taste.
Original post by Joep95
So you believe your reaction is justified ok, I think you are being ridiculous and I think you should have a look at yourself if you think this is a proportionate reaction.

If your reaction to a teenager doing something stupid is let’s ruin his life then you are not a decent human being yourself.

When did I say I'll ruin his life?

Going to university is not something he deserves, considering NYU has a large international student base and a diverse campus. He shouldn't be accepted to any university with those comments. He can find another path.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what happened to the days where people would just straight up ask "do you want to go to prom with me"

*cough* Tinder *cough*
Well that was a bright idea wasn’t it.....
Original post by Kyber Ninja
*cough* Tinder *cough*

eh true
aka just about every SJW anywhere
Reply 53
When did I say I'll ruin his life?

Going to university is not something he deserves, considering NYU has a large international student base and a diverse campus. He shouldn't be accepted to any university with those comments. He can find another path.

That’s what this campaign is all about kick him to the curb take away the hard work he has put in and destroy him for daring to say something stupid.

You yourself admit it’s to keep him out of university and from what he has worked for his life all because he has said something stupid at 16, so once again I repeat you are not a nice person, you say you are 16 so I hope you grow up or the real world will eat you alive.
Original post by TCA2b
aka just about every SJW anywhere

Where are you studying a masters degree please?
Original post by Joep95
That’s what this campaign is all about kick him to the curb take away the hard work he has put in and destroy him for daring to say something stupid.

You yourself admit it’s to keep him out of university and from what he has worked for his life all because he has said something stupid at 16, so once again I repeat you are not a nice person, you say you are 16 so I hope you grow up or the real world will eat you alive.

Please don't threaten me for no reason. I'll have to report this.

http://report-it.org.uk/reporting_internet_hate_crime
Everyone has said some stupid things as a teenager. Although he should be given a telling for poor judgement, I genuinely hope you are trolling, as otherwise his chances are down the drain over something relatively minor and because you seem to have nothing else to do with your life than report people to their headteacher 4000 miles away.

You can’t possibly be serious.
Original post by Joep95

Speaking of the real world, the only reason this monomaniacal, persecution style mentality survives is government funding flowing to ideologues in universities and big corporates, either subject to ill-conceived regulations influenced by the former, or trying to show how much money they have to fritter about through their vapid HR departments' virtue signalling efforts. It's truly pathetic, when you think about it.
Reply 59

Unlike you I am not calling for or trying to harm anyone, that also wasn’t a threat (a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.) please buy a dictionary and grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending