TobyLerone69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't consider myself a believer in any physical deity, but I do consider myself to believe in a somewhat spiritual force- Not like the Jedi...

Karma if you will, in the sense that you get back what you put in. That events happen when you're ready for them and when the universe decides. I believe that if you take care of your own interests such as bettering yourself whether that be education, work, family or relationships; as well as helping others with their interests you'll be rewarded however big or small and that hardships are a type of test to see how you react and test how far you are to bettering yourself.

For instance- I used to get short tempered over little things, however, after seeing that there's no need to i'm better at not getting short tempered over something like changing a fuse (random example)- and I see that as I am bettering myself with that, I find that random occurrences happen that are small rewards.

So like Karma but I'm no expert on religion, and I know many within the TSR community are religious, where would I fit in?
HorribleDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
agnostic...you don't believe in a bearded sky wizard...or a blue 4 handed girl...or whatever other sh!tfaced deity...but you still are bound to the human nature of believing in superstitious bs when not able to explain things.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like a bit of a schizophrenic mixture of everything to me. Or the idea that there's some divine force that rewards you for being sound.

That's not like karma, though. Karma is simply an impersonal moral causal law, sometimes thought of as bound up in psychology, i.e. as habits. It's not some spiritual scorekeeper that dishes things out when you're ready for them or otherwise; it does not reward you - it cannot because it is impersonal. It is thought of as part of the causal makeup of the universe in the same way that gravity is. Unless you're a Jaina, for whom karmas are physical bits of matter that 'stick' to a soul, so that's slightly different again.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HorribleDude)
agnostic...you don't believe in a bearded sky wizard...or a blue 4 handed girl...or whatever other sh!tfaced deity...but you still are bound to the human nature of believing in superstitious bs when not able to explain things.
Agnosticism is a claim to knowledge, not belief. Agnostics just say they can never know, which means everyone should technically be agnostic, but those that don't believe are atheists.

About 95% of the population has this word wrong.
The Assassin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Agnosticism is a claim to knowledge, not belief. Agnostics just say they can never know, which means everyone should technically be agnostic, but those that don't believe are atheists.
No, agnosticism has a very clear definition of belief, which is backed up in both academic philosophy and theological circles.

See here and here.

About 95% of the population has this word wrong.
Agreed.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TobyLerone69)
I don't consider myself a believer in any physical deity, but I do consider myself to believe in a somewhat spiritual force- Not like the Jedi...

Karma if you will, in the sense that you get back what you put in. That events happen when you're ready for them and when the universe decides. I believe that if you take care of your own interests such as bettering yourself whether that be education, work, family or relationships; as well as helping others with their interests you'll be rewarded however big or small and that hardships are a type of test to see how you react and test how far you are to bettering yourself.

For instance- I used to get short tempered over little things, however, after seeing that there's no need to i'm better at not getting short tempered over something like changing a fuse (random example)- and I see that as I am bettering myself with that, I find that random occurrences happen that are small rewards.

So like Karma but I'm no expert on religion, and I know many within the TSR community are religious, where would I fit in?
You can be spiritual without following a religion. Consider it a learning journey of your own, without obliging yourself to follow any particular path until you feel you know which one is for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)