The Student Room Group

Youtube Shooter was an Iranian activist...

... and so what?

She was clearly mentally ill, her being Iranian is completely irrelevant.
Creed, color and religion have nothing to do with it. There are crazy people everywhere. But now that the media seems to focus on the fact she's iranian, why don't they say her race.

She's white and she planned to murder people

The mainstream news said she was a white woman then they quickly changed it to an Iranian woman.

Cynthia G has a screenshot on her Twitter and on her live stream of the mainstream news saying it was a white woman at first.

*P.s * The picture of the Iranian woman if you look at her neck, you can tell they photoshopped that necklace on her
The thing that irks me about this case is that her channel and websites were basically erased from the internet while Jared Lee Loughner and Elliot Roger’s videos are still available.
Original post by physicseastldn
Creed, color and religion have nothing to do with it.

2 seconds later:

why don't they say her race. She's white and she planned to murder people

So it only matters if they're white? You're the gift to this forum that just keeps on giving, aren't you?
Original post by NonIndigenous
2 seconds later:

So it only matters if they're white? You're the gift to this forum that just keeps on giving, aren't you?

I'm just saying that people should keep the same energy. They're all heated when she's Iranian but if you change that to white it suddenly gets removed from the headline.
I'm just saying that people should keep the same energy. They're all heated when she's Iranian but if you change that to white it suddenly gets removed from the headline.

Would "white Iranian" be more to your taste I hope?

Suspect descriptions actually matter when crime has been committed. You can't just get rid of them.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Would "white Iranian" be more to your taste I hope?

Suspect descriptions actually matter when crime has been committed. You can't just get rid of them.

White german never occurs. So why should white iranian suffice?

She's a white person and the headlines, if they [the media] care about religion and creed should keep the same energy with this white shooter. They will never put this on the front page yet "Muslim shooter" is always somewhat indicated on the front page. It's a double standard.
Reply 6
Muslim vs "white"

Wow it’s almost as if looking into a killers past to try and understand why they did what they did is relevant to the case?!

A lot of these things are published because as it says, it hits close to home. I bet no one in the fancy upscale neighbourhood would dream that anyone from their ‘safe haven’ would be a mass shooter. Or that Stephan the accountant would kill 59 people. Publishing this info shows that killers are hiding everywhere and not just in poor communities or gangs. People act like publishing the facts of his life is glorifying him, when it really isn’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending