The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

christ hope it sooner than that but the job is still live so idk.
Yeah, I understand you. How annoying. I wish they were quicker
Original post by Jess1975
I don't understand your first sentence in your reply. Are you saying discuss it with them, or it's unlikely?

You've applied for Liverpool. Liverpool is Liverpool. You need to ask if the role is available in Nottingham (it may not be because not all HMRC work streams are available at all locations). Remember too that whatever is happening now due to Covid is unlikely to be the long term expectation. They may say that you need to apply again under a different recruitment campaign which is specifically for Nottingham, or they may be able to consider you for a post at Nottingham. Email and ask.
Original post by smokeandmirrors
You've applied for Liverpool. Liverpool is Liverpool. You need to ask if the role is available in Nottingham (it may not be because not all HMRC work streams are available at all locations). Remember too that whatever is happening now due to Covid is unlikely to be the long term expectation. They may say that you need to apply again under a different recruitment campaign which is specifically for Nottingham, or they may be able to consider you for a post at Nottingham. Email and ask.

I presumed most of it would still be WFH so didn't matter too much where I worked and I currently do not live in Liverpool. It can't hurt to ask right?
Having conducted some HR recruitment campaigns at EO and HEO level for the civil service it really does come down to your behaviour/competency answers - which are each scored from 1-7 (you generally need a minimum of a 4 mark to pass application and interview), There are great resources out there to get you up to speed and help for your civil service applications and interview such as https://www.interviewskillsclinic.co.uk/ or www.civilservicesuccess.co.uk. Feel free to pm any Qs - good luck in your applications.
I am also considering in applying for the Customer Service Advisor for HMRC, anyone knows the answers on how to pass the Civil Service Judgment test. DM message me thanks
Hi all I have came across another job advert through the Civil Service for a different department other than HMRC. The job says it will be WFH and there office in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I am from the midlands myself. Any advice on whether I should apply for this job or not as it does involve hybrid working patterns WFH.. thanks
Anyone also already working in HMRC who knows whether I need to continue my existing apprenticeship in HMRC or not? What it is I am already working in HMRC in an apprenticeship role and looking to leave the apprenticeship simply the fact I need to resit my Maths exam which I am totally rubbish in and it’s stressing me out the whole apprenticeship!

I’m looking to get into an non-apprenticeship role
Original post by Jatt86
Anyone also already working in HMRC who knows whether I need to continue my existing apprenticeship in HMRC or not? What it is I am already working in HMRC in an apprenticeship role and looking to leave the apprenticeship simply the fact I need to resit my Maths exam which I am totally rubbish in and it’s stressing me out the whole apprenticeship!

I’m looking to get into an non-apprenticeship role

try the reddit civil service community. they might be able to help more can more cause you've asked a few times and no-one has any idea.
If you get your job with HMRC for the one in Liverpool I’m willing to swap jobs with you! :smile: only if this a new law which came into effect by swapping jobs within the same organisation with another employee!
Original post by Jatt86
If you get your job with HMRC for the one in Liverpool I’m willing to swap jobs with you! :smile: only if this a new law which came into effect by swapping jobs within the same organisation with another employee!

I'm not, I want this job haha
Ok cool that’s awesome! I really do not like my apprenticeship job at all, tomorrow I am due to go back into the office after being WFH since starting in November, I just feel totally temporary and detached in my current job
Going back into office making me feel more nervous and anxious as well
If anyone working in HMRC already feel free to ask me which department in HMRC I work in, so I can expose them on here! :wink: :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Jatt86
If anyone working in HMRC already feel free to ask me which department in HMRC I work in, so I can expose them on here! :wink: :smile:

look at r/thecivilservice on reddit. I feel like they'll help you more than anyone here.
What’s the link for this Reddit? As I’ve googled it and can’t seem to find any recent posts regarding civil service on there?
Original post by Jatt86
What’s the link for this Reddit? As I’ve googled it and can’t seem to find any recent posts regarding civil service on there?

Type into google r/thecivilservice

make a reddit account and ask.
Reply 2637
Anyone waiting for an outcome for Edinburgh (184r)?

I'm waiting on the Standard Disclosure atm. Anyone else on that stage?
anyone applied for 195R and heard back yet?
Hi out of interest regarding the Civil Service judgment test (CSJT) are they banked or not? What I mean by banked is, whether once passed, would you need to do them again or not? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending