The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anisablue
Yes there is but you will be put on a rota there is parking next to foster square I’m sure it’s £2.50 a day.
I thought Bradford were moving to leeds September 2020 when the new building is built

Great news! I’ll probably get a train pass for the first week till that’s sorted then. And it says I’ll be moving August/September time to Leeds.

Is is office wear or smart casual dress code?
People that are starting in June in Bradford what departments have you been given : personal tax ? BT&C ? Debt management ?

I’m asking because I’m waiting to start my team leader job in June and I’m trying to gage we’re they will put me Bradford or leeds. As far as I’m aware there is no new intakes for leeds as there’s no more space

Debt management for me
Smart casual you can wear jeans and trainers
Ok last time I was in leeds office it was full to the brim I guess they may be having a change around come September. Well good luck and hope you enjoy it. If have any further questions please ask
Original post by KidZest
Great news! I’ll probably get a train pass for the first week till that’s sorted then. And it says I’ll be moving August/September time to Leeds.

Is is office wear or smart casual dress code?
Hey Anisablue, I have a question regarding part time pay if u have any idea about that. How does it work, when you work less days for example three or four?
Erm well it’s HR that sort it for you and they will send you contract of your hrs and your annual leave entitlement. I think you will have to work it out yourself so annual income decide by 52weeks decide by how many hours a week you do. That’s how much you will be paid
Original post by Lila131
Hey Anisablue, I have a question regarding part time pay if u have any idea about that. How does it work, when you work less days for example three or four?
Yes there is but you will be put on a rota there is parking next to foster square I’m sure it’s £2.50 a day.
I thought Bradford were moving to leeds September 2020 when the new building is built

What’s the name of the car park?
I don’t know sorry don’t think it has a name it’s just on a bit of land next to McDonald in foster square you will see the signs for it
Original post by random27
What’s the name of the car park?
Parkopedia exist...
Just gotten a welcome letter. I'm sure it's not a massive issue but they've asked for provision of original GCSE maths and English certificates. Which I was never given 6 years ago from school 😂 really wish they'd mentioned this at the unformal offer stage!

Think I do have a transcript of Gcse results which I'll take just incase but would have been nice for a bit of a heads up, instead of 5 days before I start 😅 guessing it wont matter all that much though
That’s a new thing I think it’s to determine if you need to do the apprentiship
Original post by kcl.97
Just gotten a welcome letter. I'm sure it's not a massive issue but they've asked for provision of original GCSE maths and English certificates. Which I was never given 6 years ago from school 😂 really wish they'd mentioned this at the unformal offer stage!

Think I do have a transcript of Gcse results which I'll take just incase but would have been nice for a bit of a heads up, instead of 5 days before I start 😅 guessing it wont matter all that much though

The impression I'm getting from the email is that I'm automatically on some apprenticeship and need proof of GCSEs to be on it
Ok yes that right it’s to check if u need to do the maths element of the apprenticeship if u show then proof you have it you won’t have to do the maths functional skills
Original post by kcl.97
The impression I'm getting from the email is that I'm automatically on some apprenticeship and need proof of GCSEs to be on it
Oh and if you don’t bring them but can produce then that would be fine
Later I mean sorry
Later I mean sorry

I literally never got any, my school for some reason never kept mine when I transfered schools to do my a-levels 😭 I will take the transcript of results I have though and hope that's sufficient 😬

Does everyone need to do that? I haven’t received anything to say i need to bring in my GCSE certificate in
Original post by NazzAlii
Does everyone need to do that? I haven’t received anything to say i need to bring in my GCSE certificate in

My date is before yours so maybe they just automatically send out the email just before you start... I'm thinking it probably won't be a massive deal. It says on the email I got that the 'apprenticeship' starts on the 6th day or working (Monday 10th for me), so can let you know if it's a must have or not if you'd like?
Original post by kcl.97
My date is before yours so maybe they just automatically send out the email just before you start... I'm thinking it probably won't be a massive deal. It says on the email I got that the 'apprenticeship' starts on the 6th day or working (Monday 10th for me), so can let you know if it's a must have or not if you'd like?

Does everyone get enrolled into the apprenticeship or is it an option? I didn’t apply to get into any apprenticeship, yes please let me know
Original post by NazzAlii
Does everyone get enrolled into the apprenticeship or is it an option? I didn’t apply to get into any apprenticeship, yes please let me know

I didn't know anything about it, first I've heard in this email. I'll see if I can screenshot what it send and put it on here. But yeah I'll let you know anyway when they ask for it
I’m not too sure if it’s is optional or not maybe check in the job description and hand book and see if it’s says anything in there. If you are going to be doing the apprentiship they will need to see gcse certicates for your registration on to it. They may not need them on the first day you start they may do them in batches if they have a lot of new recruits

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending